I think my squish thinks I'm gay and that's great

blueheroness

blueheroness

So I am a female and I have a squish on a male. We are music friends and we message each other about songs and music videos and all that stuff. Its perfect! He doesn't live near me and it's really chill so I feel no pressure to be more invested than just hobby friends. 

So over time ...because of how much I compliment female celebs bodies I think he might be assuming  I'm lesbian. Which would totally work for me!  Because my worst fear is that he'd think I am romantically interested in him bc that would ruin everything! 

Anyway.. I had this thought today bc he randomly screenshotted me pics of a female celeb we've talked about being really unsterotypicaly pretty. And it was cute be he was just like "this is random but can we just appreciate her body for a sec" and I was like heck yes we can!!!  Hahaha

She is a strong beautiful badass who looks great in a crop top but also looks like she could crack my skull. 

So it's great bc I love that our conversations about appearance are never sexual but we can still honestly appreciate beauty. It's so refreshing and it makes me happy that he is my squish. 

But I also wonder if I should just explain that I'm aro/Ace to him bc I am sure he'd be down with that. But whatever.. I'm having fun now... No need to get uncessicarily deep

Update! : so I went ahead and told him that I'm aro/Ace and that I appreciate how he cares about beauty in people but doesn't sexualize them. And he was like yeah.. I'm a photographer and I like capturing the beauty in people and I I'm not attracted to girls anyway so I was like yes!!  Awesome!!  This is why we connect so well. 👏👏

it makes me so happy to know that my squish can be a happy zone totally void of romance and sex!!!  Woo-hoo!!!! 

• 3 weeks later...
blueheroness
On 4/12/2019 at 4:38 PM, KrystalLost said:

Is your squish gay then? XD

I think so. I am assuming that is what he meant. If I'm wrong I'd be super sad. But either way he knows I am aro/ace and he has never hinted that he wants anything more than being hobby friends and we have been messaging for about a year. I feel like if he was going to try and shift the relationship to a deeper one he probably would've tried by now. 

I wouldn't object to a deeper friendship but if there was any danger of it becoming in any way close to romantic for him I'd be devestated. Which is why I was honest and just told him I'm aro/ace. If it ruined our friendship I would rather it end than get icky and complicated and then I'd just want to avoid talking to him forever and ever. 

Archived