Well hello there!

@Rée

Hi AVENites, 

Wow, I'm kind of nervous writing this... I found this place a couple of years ago when a friend suggested I may be asexual and I cried reading some of the stories and things I read here. Something inside me finally made sense. So I thank all of you awesome humans for that. (This makes me sound really emotional but I only cry at sad tv shows, movies, great books and when I really laugh). Right now I know that I am asexual, I'm pretty sure I'm aromantic too. Still trying to figure that one out. (Also super frustrating that autocorrect changes aromantic to romantic every time). I'm an awkward person who dances just about everywhere, even when doing the food shop. I love to read, fiction mostly. I travel a lot. I have some awesome friends who have accepted me as I am but I have never met another asexual person. Some days when I'm feeling a little too about myself I feel alone and like I will never completely understand my sexuality, other days I am confident with my asexuality and what that means to me. Learning where my lines are has been freeing. Perhaps I stopped making sense. My apologies. I just popped in to say hi and thanks for being epic. 

😊 

NickyTannock

Welcome to AVEN!

I don't know any other Asexuals in real life either and joined the community due to the loneliness.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a Books Cake,

wide.jpg

Hi! Glad to see you here! 

This is a great place if you are not quite sure about your sexual or romantic orientation - people here are always very willing to help! 

I'm proud of you for having the courage to tell your friends, I still haven't told any of my friends, I hope I'm ready one day... But I'm also that person who dances in shops. If the music is good - I can't help it! I also love reading books (fantasy for the win!) but I wish I could travel more.. 

I often feel lonely being asexual in my small country, so I feel you on that.. I hope the community here makes you feel less lonely on those days! 

As a welcoming gesture, here is a picture of a cute unicorn cake! 

SusijÄs vaizdas

Feel free to message me if you would like to chat! ☺️

Welcome! Or should I say, Whale hello there ;) 

Sorry not sorry

61f7aefa05a3ff535fd990d0a62d2340.jpg

Hello, welcome to AVEN!!
I hope you'll like it here. You have our support.
If you have any questions, you can ask us.

8 hours ago, @Rée said:

I have some awesome friends who have accepted me as I am but I have never met another asexual person. Some days when I'm feeling a little too about myself I feel alone and like I will never completely understand my sexuality, other days I am confident with my asexuality and what that means to me.

All the same here, no worries, you're not alone.
If you feel like it'll change, no problem. Life's a mysterious journey.

To welcome you here, here's a purple cake:
purplecake.jpg?format=500w

Thanks for the welcome and the cake 😊 I love a good pun! Plus purple just so happens to be my favourite colour 💜 

Archived