• No
  3. 3. What did you choose?

• Yes-Yes
    • Yes-No
    • No-Yes
    • No-No

This poll is closed to new votes

Alawyn-Aebt

I always disliked Beaches and it seems that the population as a whole likes beaches. Since I am unable to find a survey of the popularity of beaches I made this one.

I added the sunburn question because I wanted to know if it directly impacted the popularity of beaches.

I myself dislike beaches and get sunburnt incredibly easy, it's not super great to be a redhead at a beach.

Captain_Tass

Well, I'm from Greece so I love going to the beach and swimming and then reading books in the sun, and I always put on sunscreen so I always end up with a tan and without sunburns. However I absolutely despise having to wear a bikini/anything that shows off my body because I feel very uncomfortable about being seen as a girl so this year I'll have to put my foot down and buy a men's bathing suit.

I live near a lot of beaches, so I have gone to many. It's fun when I get to hang out when friends/family, but I would never go by myself. Jumping waves and collecting seashells is fun, but that's about it for me. I agree with Life of Tass- I hate bathing suits. I try to wear clothes that I don't care get wet. 

No no. If I'm outside on a day off I'll find something else to be doing than getting singed 

Anthracite_Impreza

I can't really answer, I neither like nor dislike beaches. They're ok when you're on holiday but I wouldn't go out of my way to go on one.

I can get sunburnt in October in England, sunburn is a danger wherever my vampirically pale arse is.

EggplantWitch

I much prefer a good rockpool (or 'tidepool') over a beach, but beaches are still fun in the right weather. Unfortunately I live in the UK and all our beaches are surrounded by the North Sea so it's cold as f*ck most of the time.

Yes No

I avoid going to the beach on hot days and when I go I wear jeans and long sleeves

I hate beaches. I can't stand sand getting everywhere and I hate the breeze.

I don't particularily like or dislike beaches, I dislike the sun (I get sunburns pretty quickly if I don't take precautions and I don't want to get a tan), the heat and the crowds that are usually there during the day, I just don't find it very enjoyable

I would probably enjoy a beach at night/on a cloudy, cold day when nobody else is there though

MercyIsVictory

Beaches are good for one thing - sitting in some form of shade and reading to the sound of the ocean. It's incredibly relaxing. Otherwise, I might put my feet in the water, but that's about it; I don't like the feeling of being covered in sticky salt water and sand.

CaptainMarvel

I love the beach but I’m terrified of the ocean. I love swimming in the waves but hate the idea of brushing up against a fish. I love making sandcastles but I never want to dig because I hate those creepy crab things that look like thissand_crabs_hero.jpg

I love the sun but hate the sunburns I inevitably get. But in the end, yes, I do enjoy beaches.

I don't get sun burned at the beach as I don't go to the beach

It depends.

I don't like crowded beaches or beaches when it is hot and sunny out. On the other hand, beaches can be cool when it's cloudy and cool out and nobody is around. And I really like sand castles and sand sculptures.

I do burn easily (and I don't like crowds and don't swim), so I don't usually go out of my way to go to a beach. That said, I have been to beaches on the Irish coast, in the UK, Iceland, New Zealand, and the west coast of North America.

Oh I love beaches. I am blessed to live in a part of the world where we have amazing coastline with many spectacularly beautiful beaches with good quality unpolluted sea water, and I really could not contemplate living anywhere which didn't have the same or better; I would quickly get depressed if I did.

I think that sunbathing is a daft and unproductive thing to do on a beach! When I go to the beach, it is to do one of two things - to run on it, or to swim in the sea (or sometimes both). I have even met seals and dolphins whilst swimming.

everywhere and nowhere

I get neither suntan nor sunburn - my skin, while far from being healthy (allergy and atopic dermatitis), seems to have some protection of its own. It just gets a little bit darker and stops. In ordinary conditions (in the city, elevation of about 100 m asl, with short sleeves in summer weather) I use no sunscreen at all and don't have any problems with possible sunburn.

However, I don't like beaches. First of all - it's just boring! And second - I'm too nudity-averse for sunbathing, I need to have at least my legs covered.

Beaches are okay. I used to practically live at the beach when I was younger since we’d go there all the time, but since I moved out of my dad’s house where he would be the one driving, I haven’t really wanted to make the half hour drive to go to the beach. I’ve always liked going for walks at the beach. I used to like swimming at the beach but my thalassophobia and fear of large waves seems to have gotten worse so I’d rather not swim there now. 

I did get pretty badly sunburned a few times when I was younger and not as concerned about sun protection. Now I wear sunscreen and even use a parasol occasionally, so now I’m pretty pale and haven’t gotten a sunburn in years.

SpaceDustbin

I have a love-hate relationship with the beach and the sea :lol: . I love going there, and I love swimming, but I hate getting wet, and passionately hate sand... :lol: .

I get sunburnt pretty easily, and have had quite some in the past, but nowadays I'm much more conscious of trying to avoid it, so I dutifully use my factor 50+ sunscreen and put on a shirt/blouse when I feel a sunburn coming up, so luckily it hasn't been that bad in the past 10 years or so.

LonesomeCrow

I like the beach. I'm not a fan of sitting out in the sun but I do enjoy swimming. I also like going and exploring the abandoned military fort by one of the beaches over here.

Grumpy Alien

I grew up right by the beach (plenty of great beaches 15 minute drive from my house) and spent most days in the summer on the beach. 

I have never liked the beach. It’s sandy and wet. Why is that a good thing?? It can be nice for a short while if I’m in the mood for it and I’m on a tropical vacation with clear water and a beach bar with shade. But I get burnt and sweaty within minutes and it feels gross. I don’t enjoy swimming. I don’t like being outside. I hate showing much skin. It’s just not pleasant.

I’m super pale so there isn’t a sunscreen strong enough for me or enough re-applications to save me from the sun damage.

• 1 year later...

@Alawyn-Aebt

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived