Pansexual And Omnisexual

ArloIsAwkward

ArloIsAwkward

I've Heard A Lot Of Opinions Saying Pansexuality And Omnisexuality Are The Same Thing. Coming From An Pansexual I Think They're Two Different Things.

Pansexual Is Where You're Gender Blind When It Comes To Dating And Omnisexual Is Where You Acknowledge Their Gender But Couldn't Care Less.

So Yeah Please Tell Me Your Opinion On Pansexual And Omnisexual Because I Would Love To Know What Others Think :]

I Would Like To Point Out That In My Opinion I Think Omni Means You Acknowledge The Gender But Don't Care And Pan Is Your'e Gender Blind

Captain_Tass

Well, the prefixes pan- and omni- refer to the same thing (all). However, since we have two different terms here, there must have been a slight difference between pansexuality and omnisexuality that led to the creation of the second term. I think that the prefix omni- is slightly stronger than the prefix pan- , as evidenced by its use in words such as "omnipotent"

Your explaination does make sense. Just let me get some things straight.

Bisexual/ Bi*- Attraction to more than one gender/sex (on the basis of the person but also their gender/sex)

Pansexual- Attraction to people regardless of gender/sex

Omnisexual- Indifference towards the gender/sex of the person you're attracted to

Did I get that right?

Both pan and omni do mean the same thing, although in a lot of cases can point out very minor differences if reffering to the same thing.

The first time I heard omnisexual was someone who confused pansexual and genderfluid and a lot of other things of the sort, so yeah. Their explanation of it was that they just liked sex, even they they, at the time were basically just straight. Go figure.

no-longer-in-use

They literally mean exactly the same thing: attraction to all genders, just like agender and genderless mean the same thing but are two separate terms. However, like with agender and genderless, some people may prefer one term over the other because they think it sounds better or has a connotation that they like. I myself use pan because it's more well-known.

• 1 year later...

I am still questioning but I believe that I am omnisexual. I think I have attraction to all genders, but I do know that my attraction has a different feeling for different genders and I notice different qualities, as well as usually finding more attraction in girls and non-binary and genderfluid people as than boys.

This thread has been inactive for a long time and is now being locked. If anyone would like to discuss the topic further, feel free to start a new thread about it.

Ryn, moderator.

Archived