Hey peeps

TheWanderingDuck

TheWanderingDuck

Hey everyone. My name is Diana, I'm 21, and I have just recently discovered what it means to be asexual and that I am on the asexual spectrum. Currently, I identify as a panromantic autochorisexual, but I'm not 100% confident about that.

I have always liked the idea of being in a relationship and I have had a few boyfriends, but I could never see myself getting physical with them beyond kissing or hugging. This made me question whether or not I was actually in love with them or if I was into guys at all. One of my closest friends suggested that I may be asexual after I explained my concerns to him. At first, I didn't think much of it mostly because I didn't quite understand what it meant to be asexual (thanks to this world where it seems everything revolves around sex), but then I decided to do some research and boy am I glad I did.

After learning about the asexual spectrum and that sex isn't necessary for there to be love, I felt such a wave of relief and elation. I found stories of people who understand how I feel and that it's completely normal not to feel a sexual desire towards another person. These last few days since I have learned that I am asexual, I have completely rethought what I want from a relationship and I have become more open to the idea of getting into a relationship with the opposite sex. I have realized that I seek a strong emotional connection with someone rather than a physical one and my acceptance of this fact has made me more comfortable with myself.

Now a little about me: I'm not very good at talking about myself because I always feel like I forget to mention something and at the end of the day I'm more than some paragraph on a website. But anyways, I love playing chess, watching/dissecting movies, reading books, enjoying the outdoors, and spending time with friends. I'm what you would call a nerd and entirely proud of that title. I'm into superheros, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Sherlock (just to name a few fandoms). I think wildlife is incredible and should be protected because its as much a part of us as we are a part of it. Also, I'm kinda introverted and awkward in person, but I've been practicing being more outgoing.

If you've managed to get this far, thanks for reading! I'm glad this community exists and I hope to make some new friends here.

Hello, welcome to AVEN!!
Thanks for telling us your story, it was interesting.
I hope you'll like it here. You have our support.
If you have any questions, you can ask us.

To welcome you, here's a purple cake:
Lemon-Layer-Cake-1-480x480.jpg

NickyTannock

Welcome to AVEN!

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a Chess Cake,

14-71-cake-designs-chess.jpg

TheWanderingDuck

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome and all the cake! The Deathly Hallows and Chess cake are far too good looking to eat, but I'd be all over that purple cake. :)

And Lichley, I am a proud Ravenclaw. What house are you in?

Custard Cream

Hello and welcome! More cake for you!

NickyTannock
22 hours ago, TheWanderingDuck said:

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome and all the cake! The Deathly Hallows and Chess cake are far too good looking to eat, but I'd be all over that purple cake. :)

And Lichley, I am a proud Ravenclaw. What house are you in?

I know you asked @Lichley, but I'm also a Ravenclaw!

TheWanderingDuck
9 hours ago, MichaelTannock said:

I know you asked @Lichley, but I'm also a Ravenclaw!

Oh cool! Ravenclaws are underrated.

Archived