Start/join a support group?

LPG

I'm looking for a support group for friends, allies, etc of asexuals in North Atlanta or even north of that?  I live in GA.
I would like to talk to someone who can help me as my asexual partner will not talk to me about asexuality.  It would be helpful to talk to someone, especially face-to-face.
Feel free to pm me too.
If you're in GA, where are you?

Thank you!

letusdeleteouraccounts

Edit:

I only know of the group at Georgia Tech but there’s plenty of people here on the forums including myself that you can talk to about asexuality. You and your partner really sound like you’re lacking communication though

Hey there. I'm not anywhere near Georgia and don't really do meet ups... there aren't that many allies/partners of asexuals here, so the likelihood of finding someone close to you probably isn't high. I definitely encourage you to hang around, check out threads, ask questions, etc. 

anisotrophic

@LPG my two cents: you might want to find a therapist. your partner might be very different to others, and a therapist can draw on a broad set of experiences to help you.

If your partner identifies as asexual, there are LGBTQIA+ savvy therapists that might be helpful. If your partner doesn't identify as asexual, a relationship therapist might be better (you can go solo to just get advice for yourself).

NickyTannock

The posts from two similar threads, named 'ISO support groups for friends and allies of asexuals in North Atlanta.' and 'ISO N. Atlanta support group for friends, allies, etc of asexuals?', have been merged to this topic. The OP has been informed.

Michael Tannock,
Open Mic moderator and Questions about Asexuality Co-moderator.

Archived