Question about Binder

ReyGraves

So I finally got my binder!

It was difficult to get on and off. But once it was on it didn’t hurt/feel too tight. 

I’m just wondering if it was supposed to be that difficult? I know it’d be hard to say without seeing it. But have others had difficulties when first putting it on? But it got easier? 

nerdperson777

It can be hard putting it on for the first time.  It's much tighter and closer to the body than a bra, unless someone wears super tight bras.  I'd say it's normal.  I think I took 15-20 minutes the very first time.  I didn't want to break it the first time wearing it so I didn't try to pull too hard either.  Once it's on, it's like, "okay, everything is in".  Binders were invented so we wouldn't have to go through ace bandages like our predecessors.  Unless you have some medical issue that makes breathing sensitive, like asthma, there shouldn't be much issue.

2 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

It's much tighter and closer to the body than a bra, unless someone wears super tight bras.  I'd say it's normal.  I think I took 15-20 minutes the very first time.

Oh wow, 15ish minutes? It took me maybe five? But most of that was unrolling it (which I had some experience with damp skin and bras (which I will not do with a binder, that sounds awful)). 

I'll wear it one day and see if any complications arise.

Thank you

Anthracite_Impreza

It took me about 10 minutes to get mine on at first, with me worrying I'd got the wrong size. If it feels alright now though you're fine, it'll just take some getting used to.

Yeah it was super hard for me to put it on the first time but it was because I was doing it wrong. I kinda almost got stuck in it so I had to watch a video of how to put it on lol

I had tried to do it like I would with a regular shirt (so like head first and then arms or one arm first and then everything else) when it needed to be arms first then head then pull the binder down. Once I did it like that it was much much easier.

Is it normal to have stuff squished out the arm holes? (Wow that sounds vaguely bad but you know what I mean?) 

21 hours ago, Starbogen said:

when it needed to be arms first then head then pull the binder down. Once I did it like that it was much much easier.

I just tried that and it made it so much easier, thank you!

4 hours ago, ReyGraves said:

Is it normal to have stuff squished out the arm holes? (Wow that sounds vaguely bad but you know what I mean?) 

For me at least I don't get that if I let everything lie in the front like it naturally got pressed down by the binder, but once I adjust my chest (so kinda pull stuff a bit up to minimize possible damage to the tissue, and push it back to make it look flatter) then it's normal to get stuff squished out the sides.

I used to wear super tight sports bras that I had to pull on a bit like a binder, and also I went a size up to be able to wear it all day every day, so putting it on was a matter of seconds. It even felt more comfortable than the bra, and still binds well, so I recommend that. Now taking it off was a bit more of a struggle, but I found two tricks: either you grab the sides and pull up, or you pull down one shoulder strap, which makes an opening near your armpit in which you can squeeze your arm down and out, and then pull everything up with the other arm. But that will depend on the shape of your binder; mine is a GC2B (and also awesome btw) , but I think Underworks's are different in shape so that last one may work differenlty, I dunno. 

Archived