What’s the difference between a QPF and a best friend?

Guest iwanttolearn

Guest iwanttolearn

Hello, how is everyone?

so a lot of posts online say that a QPF is basically a best friend.

are they both the same or are they different?

EngineeRaven

Hi!

They are definitely not the same. It's hard to define (as I'm pretty much in the grey area of the aro spectrum, and also I suck at describing feelings).

It's like there are stuff you don't do, even with your most intimate friends. That line is different for everyone, but people mention things like sleeping together (as in real sleeping, not sex. Just spending a night asleep in the same bed.), living together, essentially being in a relationship without the romance part.

A QPP is the most important person for you in the world, somebody you are devoted to, someone you would do anything for, someone you'd protect from anything and someone who's like... actively important for you?

Like most of my friends are passively important to me. I love them with all my heart, but I don't wake up thinking of them, I don't fantasize about cuddling and talking about things with them, their sheer thought does not have the same effects on me as caffeine does, and I also wouldn't want to live with them and raise cats together. All these things happen with squishes. I guess.

But guys, those who are better at explaining, please help me out!

Archived