1. 1. Left handed or right handed?

• Left handed
    • right handed
    • ambidextrous
  2. 2. Watch orientation

• Left
    • Right
    • Depends
  3. 3. Is your watch orientation the same as your dominant hand?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm right handed and wear my watch on my right side. I have had many people tell me that it is weird. 

What do you think?

I'm going to assume that you mean if the watch is on the same hand as your dominant hand (or whatever it's called) for the last question, so for that my answers are Right, Left and No.

NickyTannock

What does the question "Is it the same?" mean?

1 minute ago, MichaelTannock said:

What does the question "Is it the same?" mean?

is your watch orientation same as your dominant hand

NickyTannock
Just now, MollyDMA said:

is your watch orientation same as your dominant hand

Surely that's covered by the first two questions?

NickyTannock

Oh, wait, I get it now.

Because you can't see if people's answers differ, you need to ask if it does.

@MichaelTannock, I was wondering if people wear watches on the same side as their dominant hand or not and how it compares individually. 

NickyTannock

My answers were right, left, and no.

I am left-handed. I wear my FitBit on my right wrist and a regular watch on my left. 

I don't wear a watch. You might want to add that as an option, because it's not uncommon.

When I "wear" a watch it's in my pocket - because it's a pocket watch. :) 

1 minute ago, timewarp said:

I don't wear a watch. You might want to add that as an option, because it's not uncommon.

This thread is pretty pointless if you don't wear a watch lol.

I wear one maybe once every 2 years, but when I do it's on my left wrist.

1 minute ago, Marian the Herbalist said:

Can't argue with that. :lol:

I'm left handed and and I still wear my watch on my left hand. 

but my right hand is dominant.

blunose2772

I've had people say it's weird that I wear a watch at all when you can check your phone. It's way faster to glance at your wrist than dig your phone out of your pocket

SorryNotSorry

My phone is my "watch".

Grumpy Alien
47 minutes ago, Marian the Herbalist said:

I wear one maybe once every 2 years, but when I do it's on my left wrist.

Same exact answer. I only wear a watch on rare occasion for fashion purposes only. I’m right handed and usually wear bracelets - or in this case, watches - on my left wrist. I’ve never needed a watch for functional purposes so they would only get in the way at work and not look as nice as bracelets with casual or formal outfits. They’re essentially pointless unless they’re also for fitness, like wearing glasses frames with no lenses.

Slice of Ace

I love wearing my watch! I get stressed if I don't know the time, and it's much easier to look at than getting my phone out of my pocket. Plus, I always have my watch, but I sometimes leave my phone at home. Aaaand for me, analogue is easier to read than digital.

My answers were right, left, and no.  

5 minutes ago, Slice of Ace said:

I get stressed if I don't know the time

One time my watch broke and I had to wait an entire month before my parents got me another one. I was so stressed out during that time. 

When I wear a watch or any type of wrist accessory, it's on my left. (I'm right handed.) It's because when I write or draw, it's annoying that my right hand does not feel free.

I’m left handed and wear my watch on my right wrist. It’s an Apple Watch so I wear it all day and night (except when charging). It has many functions I use daily, especially keep great and accurate account of my sleep. 

Member131995

I actually wear a watch and a Fitbit, the latter of which also doubles as a watch while counting steps and monitoring my heart rate. I put the watch on my left and the Fitbit on the right. I'm ambidextrous to a greater extent thanks to an old injury where I had to learn to use my left hand, I'd say I'm right dominant though I often alternate naturally and do a lot with both hands taking turns rather than using dominant primarily.

I accidentally voted wrong because it's been so long since I've worn a watch. I ALWAYS wore it on my right wrist and I'm right-handed. I'm the only one I know that would wear a watch on their dominant hand. I don't like wearing bracelets on my left wrist either. I just looked at it like I am VERY right handed LOL.

SpaceDustbin

Right-handed, and watch on the left. Apart from like 7 weeks when I had broken my left arm and had to switch the watch to the right :P

GeekyGamerZack

I can't accurately vote in the poll, because I get completely stuck at question 1 (I'm cross-dominant, not ambidextrous). 😕

If that option was there, then my answers would be cross-dominant, left wrist and...kind of? 🙂

Left-handed, Left, Yes

(I've always found it more intuitive to wear a watch on the wrist of your dominant hand)

Right handed, watch goes on the left. Would be a pain in the arse to put it on the right.

Archived