• 38 to 43 years and consider myself an OLDER ASEXUAL
    • 32 to 37 years and consider myself an OLDER ASEXUAL
    • 26 to 31 years and consider myself an OLDER ASEXUAL
    • 18 to 25 years and consider myself an OLDER ASEXUAL
    • under 18 years and consider myself an OLDER ASEXUAL
    • I DO NOT consider myself an OLDER ASEXUAL
    • I DO NOT consider myself ASEXUAL.

Winter,

Could it be that silence is golden? Could it be that her understanding of the sexual world being more 'sophisticated' than yours causes her to act in 'typical of her age' personality manifestations? The lack of those peculiar body languages being misinterpreted as 'maturity'?

I do NOT by ANY means mean to be insulting but merely suggest that by the same (sexuals) eyes that want to tell you that "There is nothing wrong with you that 'the right guy' won't fix" think that one who 'has more control and 'discipline' of their 'urges' MUST be more Mature......?

I don't know you. The fact that you are here shows me a remarkable self awareness and thirst for understanding which in itself is maturity with no exceptions! I do not know your sister either but in my experience, the commonest perception is usually based on the wrongest evidence.

The trick here is knowing what YOU are proudest of and sticking to it!

I wish you well! Do well with your life and you will have succeeded!

P.S. doing well is also self ascribed!

thanks for your encouragement. my sister, though sexual, has always been very mature for her age as well. dunno, the long running gag in the family has been that i was born aged 30.

as for the 'right man,' i'm nicely settled with an asexual boy, and my sister's found a nice man who's more interested in a companion than a sexual object. what can i say, our parents accidentally raised their daughters to be sexually conservative in their own ways...

Well Kudos to you Winter,

Thank your parents everyday! Keep up the good work and best wishes to you in a long and happy life!

*covet, drool*

• 2 weeks later...

I am happy to see so many older asexuals who have not only been asexual for a while, but are older chronilogically. i am glad we do represent a good piece of the AVEN community.

Archived