to everyone who naturally has no libido..

Guest iwanttolearn

Guest iwanttolearn

Hello was just wondering was not having no libido something that you experienced since birth, or did you originally have libido but naturally lost it over time? I think i lost a lot of my libido last November, i still have a little bit of it but before last November i had a lot of libido.

Nope, I've never had any libido.

I do think variations in libido are normal, though, and lots of people go through period whether they have little to no sex drive.

andreas1033

Can i ask op, what you define libido to be.

The dictionary says, it means sexual desire.

For me, i do not think i ever had it. All i remember, is what ever was going on, was over in my life at 23 or so. I personally do not think i ever had it, ie a libido(sexual desire).

Like i said before, i think asexuals in males anyway, do not create the link between your brain and your testicles in puberty, and this is what makes you asexual, and lacking that drive, and desire.

So for me, i was always like this. But i cannot remember, if there ever was anything in me. All i remember, is that what ever was going on, it was over in me, by 23.

I am not sure if i ever had a libido, or whether it was just loneliness i felt before this. So i just assume when i was young, it was just your body feeling lonely, and we mistake it for other things. So personally i do not think i ever had a libido. I just think when young, people often confuse there feelings for other things. Like i assume, your body feeling lonely when young, people can confuse with other things.

I just as an asexual, think my feeling of being lonely ended at 23(ie i just began to understand what these energies and feelings were). I personally never think, i had a libido, it was just when we are young, we can confuse, what feelings really are.

I personally never think i had a libido, i just did not understand at those ages, what being lonely was, and how its an energy too. So i would think many people confuse being lonely with other things too, when they are things like being asexual.

I think my only feelings before 23, were just being lonely. I think alot of people confuse being lonely with other things, and how your body, is probably trying to force you to interact with others, to stop feeling lonely.

Thankfully, at 23 or so, i understood this, and although i will always be alone, i never felt lonely since then, and was not confusing these feelings anymore.

secrethamster

20 yr old here who's never had any, and that's totally fine with me.

Guest iwanttolearn
1 hour ago, secrethamster said:

20 yr old here who's never had any, and that's totally fine with me.

i'm so jealous...that sounds like heaven

Never experienced it, least I don't think.  It was to the point where I wondered if I even could potentially engage in any sort of sexual activity.

People who do experience it but suddenly lose it should get it looked into even if they are mentally fine with the change, because it can still be indicative of certain health issues.

Never had one here- EVER- I felt very out of place among my peers in school cuz I never seemed to understand nor feel the same way as everyone else-and for a bit  I did try to be like my peers... but I realized I didnt want to be like them...and I was fine how I was..Besides! not having a Libido means I can focus on much more important things!  SO I actually feel pretty lucky to be this way ^^

Guest iwanttolearn
7 hours ago, Serra said:

Never had one here- EVER- I felt very out of place among my peers in school cuz I never seemed to understand nor feel the same way as everyone else-and for a bit  I did try to be like my peers... but I realized I didnt want to be like them...and I was fine how I was..Besides! not having a Libido means I can focus on much more important things!  SO I actually feel pretty lucky to be this way ^^

Yes you are for sure, I envy you actually.

Galactic Turtle

I've never had one. I thought it was normal since I'd never heard of female masturbation. Turns out I was wrong.

On 3/20/2019 at 7:29 AM, andreas1033 said:

what you define libido to be.

The dictionary says, it means sexual desire.

I think the most common usage here is synonymous with “sex drive” - the urge for sexual stimulation and/or release.

What separates sexual people and libidinous asexual people is how they ideally want to express and satisfy that drive.

I don't seem to have a libido at all, and I want it to stay that way. (I'm not even entirely sure what a libido is.)

Chocolatastic AroAce

This is something I had to really think about before deciding to identify as asexual. Having experienced neither attraction or libido I wasn't sure what either meant or that they were different things.  I think sexual attraction is wanting to have sex with a specific person and libido is just wanting to have sex in general.

I think it was something I was born with but I didn't really notice until I reached puberty because I had no interest in doing anything sex related, while my peers did. Like my Asexuality for the most part I'm ok with it. The only time i'm not is when I'm put in awkward situations when it is painfully clear how different I am to my peers. My worst nightmare is being invited to a bachlorette party. Can you imagine being in a room with horny girls, while being someone like me? .*shudder*

Slight TMI, but...I used to. And then it died. Like, jumped off a cliff. I do think it's natural to not experience libido, but this, along with some problems with my menstrual cycle (or lack thereof...yikes), leads me to believe I might have a hormone problem. So I agree that while not experiencing libido is natural (and freaking great), if it's something you used to have and no longer do, it's worth getting checked. (Don't look at me; I'm a bad example.)

Archived