Asexual decor

Hermy

I'm moving out in a couple of months and it's going to be my first own apartment.

I'd like to have some kind of representation of my sexual orientation there, but I don't feel like the standard pride flag would be the way to go.

There are a couple of problems I have with that:

1) It's not very tasteful, in my opinion

2) It's too obvious.

I want to be able to bring home friends and family who don't know I'm ace and who I would like to not know that part about me. I don't want to worry about hiding those things whenever someone comes by or worry about my family members making a surprise visit and having something like a pride flag or a throw pillow out in the open.

Do you have any ideas for ace inspired decor? Maybe some pictures and links?

To be fair, most people don't know what any of the pride flags look like outside of the rainbow gay pride flag. Still, I can see why you wouldn't want a flag hanging on your wall. It would inspire questions. I think a good way to go about your decorations would be to go with black, white, gray, and purple and/or green colored objects for your home. I know whenever I see something that has even three of those colors I automatically think, "oh hey, its for asexuals/aromantics." The only other thing I could think to do would be to use things that are considered asexual culture like dragon trinkets or a painting of cake.

Just now, lonelyace said:

To be fair, most people don't know what any of the pride flags look like outside of the rainbow gay pride flag. Still, I can see why you wouldn't want a flag hanging on your wall. It would inspire questions. I think a good way to go about your decorations would be to go with black, white, gray, and purple and/or green colored objects for your home. I know whenever I see something that has even three of those colors I automatically think, "oh hey, its for asexuals/aromantics." The only other thing I could think to do would be to use things that are considered asexual culture like dragon trinkets or a painting of cake.

Hey, I could do something with the playing cards, like Ace of Spades!

Rockblossom

The purple/grey/black/white colors can be added as individual accents in a subtle way, and you can find all kinds of things that combine 2 or 3 of them.  Accent pillows are an easy one:

purple-pillow.jpg

Not that I especially like this pillow, but it is an example of what you can find that isn't too obvious.  There are rugs, wall art, other stuff.

Thanks @Rockblossom! I think I'll have to hunt for some good purple pieces. It's not my favorite colour so it'll have to be something very pretty for it to get into my decor. White, grey and black are easy for me but the purple is what really makes the "ace" look.

Rockblossom

3 minutes ago, Hermy said:

White, grey and black are easy for me but the purple is what really makes the "ace" look.

Just a little bit of purple, maybe?

e77b0ca2027408fccd8f10f2d28470e4--purple

21 hours ago, Hermy said:

Hey, I could do something with the playing cards, like Ace of Spades!

latest?cb=20130523175813

Archived