thought I was aro but i think i have a crush??

franksinatraofficial

franksinatraofficial

hi! I’m new here and I’ve identified as aromantic for many years, but I think I have a crush on a girl now but I’m not sure?? I feel really nervous around her and I blush a lot and I think she’s really pretty and cool BUT the idea of being in a romantic relationship with her makes me feel physically ill. the most I want to do with her is maybe kiss her on the cheek but anything else feels gross and wrong. does anyone have any idea what this is??

also I’m in school for many hours so I probably won’t be replying until around 5:00 or 6:00 pm EST

Galactic Turtle

I don't know what it is but you could try just getting to know her. Since you're still in school it wouldn't be a stretch to say you're just experiencing your first crush since this is the environment where most people go through this.

Duke Memphis

Feel what you feel and worry about labels later.

NickyTannock

@franksinatraofficial Welcome to AVEN!

It sounds like what you're experiencing is a Squish, the Aromantic version of a Crush, http://wiki.asexuality.org/Romantic_attraction

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a Frank Sinatra Cake,

IMG_1983.JPG

As Michael said, I think what you're experiencing is a squish. They're very confusing, and the best way to put them is "a platonic crush." You get all of the wonderful feelings associated with a crush, like the obsessive thoughts, pounding heart, and desire for affection, but without the romance. It's all very perilous, lol. Trust me, I know.

By the way, welcome to AVEN! I hope you enjoy your stay here. :D

franksinatraofficial

hey everyone, thank you for your feedback! after reading all your replies and seeing what a squish is I think it is a squish that I am experiencing. also, thank you for the cake!

Archived