Sexual Attraction?

nerdiebird

Hey everyone! Its been a while since my last post, hope everyone is doing well :)

In my last post I mentioned coming out as ace to my boyfriend. I actually ended up never telling him, lol, because I've started questioning again.

When I was 14 and I first heard of asexuality, it clicked and everything made sense. I instantly thought "that's me!" and felt so much better about myself. I'm now 19 and I still identify with the asexual community and label, but its different now.

A little tmi here but my boyfriend and I have had sex more than a few times (nd I actually like it a lot more than I thought I would). If it wasn't for him I don't think I ever would have lost my virginity, because I've never liked someone like the way I love him before. Like I said, I still identify with the asexual label but I'm in some sort of gray area now.

I still don't feel attraction towards anyone else, and its hard to say if I even feel it for him (I think I do but I'm not certain). I still feel most comfortable calling myself asexual but I think I might be more demisexual or gray-ace.

I just wanted to put this out there and start a conversation. Have any of you ever changed labels after years of identifying as something else? Please comment, I love meeting new people and hearing your experiences as well. I hope you all have a wonderful night (or day) and thank you all so much for reading this. 💜

Textbook example of why I say screw "labels" altogether. There's nothing unusual about not having felt these things at 14. Nothing unusual about only having felt that for one or so person until 19. Nothing unusual at all here :) so keep doing what you're doing and just roll with it, stop thinking about "labels". You're not a bag of potatoes anyway :)

Archived