Does race matter for who you prefer in a relationship?

__AJ__

Does race matter for who you prefer in a relationship? Even the slightest bit?? come on, Be honest...  

1. 1.

• I would only go out with someone of my own race
    • I wouldnt mind being with a person of different race, but Id prefer my own
    • race is irrelevant
    • I would prefer someone of the a different race than my own
    • There are specific races which I prefer
    • I would only go out with someone of a different race
    • I only date ameobas
    • I hate all races equally
    • I like bannanas

This poll is closed to new votes

For some reason, I have never liked anyone of my own race.

asexysjsfan

I picked the "prefer my own, but wouldn't mind another" option.

I'm not really attracted to the female sex in general, but I guess I view them as much fairer than males. I'm not exactly anti-romantic, but I don't like anything more than a minor dose. I've gone out with people of all races, but I'd say the natural tendency is to look in my own racial group. I do think some races are generally better looking than others, but there's exceptions to every rule.

There are specific races which I prefer, but there are other things far more important than race when it comes to a partner. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

assuming the asexual life partnership type of relationship....

race doesn't exist, there are grey areas between each "race" category and another. we are all anthropologically from the same family that lived 200,000 yrs ago.

i mostly find caucasoid people of 'Med-Eastern', North African, and South Asian ancestry more pleasant to look at

than say, Anglo-Saxon (which the west erroneously calls caucasians, whilst CaucAsia actually lies near Turkey and old Persia, not northern europe).

sorry.

Dame du Lac
assuming the asexual life partnership type of relationship....

race doesn't exist, there are grey areas between each "race" category and another. we are all anthropologically from the same family that lived 200,000 yrs ago.

i mostly find caucasoid people of 'Med-Eastern', North African, and South Asian ancestry more pleasant to look at

than say, Anglo-Saxon (which the west erroneously calls caucasians, whilst CaucAsia actually lies near Turkey and old Persia, not northern europe).

sorry.

There were some handsome men in that video and some very beautiful people in the Hottest Persian Celebs as well.

I've never understood why people from certain areas are treated as a "different" race from white Europeans. When I was at school we were taught that the human race developed three different sets of physical characteristics giving us three "races":

1. Negroid - people who are generally referred to as "black" and whose distinctive looks developed in Sub-Saharan Africa;

2. Mongoloid - people who used to be referred to as "yellow" (never understood this because I have never seen "yellow" tones in anyone's skin) and whose distinctive looks developed in the area now known as Mongolia (hence the race name);

3. Caucasoid - people often referred to as "white" and whose distinctive looks developed in the Caucasus area which I believe is somewhere near Russia and India.

We were taught that "caucasians" included everyone with prominent features including Europe, the Middle East, North Africa and the Indian sub-continent.

Also, I am confused by the classification of "Hispanics" in the US. I used to think this referred to all people from South America who I understood to be very mixed race, but then I read that "Hispanic" refers to people only descended from the Spanish. If this is true, then that would make them of European descent and therefore "white". Why then the seperate category? In Europe the Spanish aren't regarded as a seperate race.

• 3 weeks later...

As for me, I prefer Eastern Slavic and Nothern European (such as Scandinavian) types of appearance. I've grown up in a place where there were few mongoloids and no negroid people.

I am not a racist, it's just the case that tastes differ.

3. Caucasoid - people often referred to as "white" and whose distinctive looks developed in the Caucasus area which I believe is somewhere near Russia and India.

People from that very Caucasis (mountains) often look like US Hispanics or even Arabs. Russian racists often call them "blacks" because of their skin colour. It is not actually very dark but swarthy.

Caucasoid racists don't like people from Caucasis, that's a sad joke :(

• 2 weeks later...
Berkeley Girl

I'd prefer to gaze at whomever I find most beautiful. I don't really care about "race" as an issue. It's been SO done to death. Time to forget about race entirely and go for the individual.

I realize that I don't think I ever responded to this...

I really enjoy lots of different races because I think many races are beautiful. There are specific ones I prefer.

But I don't date so I'm not sure if this applies to me.

Wouldn't it be nice for me to say it doesn't matter? Well... it does. Not in a blatant I'd-never-date-any-man-outside-my-race way, but all of my preferences combined make it fairly unlikely for me to date outside my race. I would, however, if I met someone who clicked with me in the right way, so I wouldn't just turn someone down solely because of their race. But in general, I don't find dark skin attractive, including within my own race, and men of most other races (at least the races making up that majority of minorities of the place I've lived forever) have interests and values far, far different from mine. Not saying everyone, of course, and there's a large chunk of people within my own race who the previous sentence pretty much disqualifies from my standard of datability as well. So basically what I'm saying is that I'm such a narrowly-focused person that it's difficult for me to even get along with people who don't share a very high number of my own traits/characteristics/interests/etc.

Completely irrelevant. No matter what your race you're not getting anywhere past friendship with me.

Archived