Creampuff

Aromantic/Asexual characters?

Creampuff
Posted (edited)

Does anyone know any aromantic/and or asexual characters from books, tv shows, or other forms of entertainment. I always find myself excited when I think a character might aromantic or asexual but it almost always doesn't turn out to be the case and the writers throw in some random love interest, but anyways does anyone know any? Or does anyone know any characters they think may be on the spectrum?

Edited by Creampuff
  • Like 2

iyote

Yes!  Here are two I've found: 

Jack O'Malley from Widdershins (webcomic)

Jack O'Malley is canonically aro/ace, with author confirmation.  It's confirmed within the comic too.  

Storm from Survivors (book series)

My profile pic, haha.  One of the books explicitly states that she'd "never understand what made dogs want to be mates."  I love how it specifies "never", confirming that this is an asexuality thing and not just an age thing (she's a full-grown dog anyway) or because she hasn't met "the one."  

• Like 1

PrismaticDream

Zeph from the visual novel The Elementalists (on the Pixelberry Choices app) is aro-ace.

• Like 2

Tothedreamers
3 minutes ago, TheAP said:

Zeph from the visual novel The Elementalists (on the Pixelberry Choices app) is aro-ace.

I was so excited when I got to that part!  I also like that they gave you an option to not seek out relationships in the opening chapter... 

• Like 2

Tothedreamers

Also, on the freeform tv show Shadowhunters, their is a character named Raphael who implies his asexuality. He is still in a romantic relationship, but during one scene he says something like “I’m just not interested in sex... I’ve always been like this.”  And I believe the writers confirmed he is ace.

however, in the book series the show is based off of, I don’t think anything is implied with that character.

• Like 2

BlueHairedHippo

Luffy from the anime/manga One Piece is most likely aro/ace. His friends are most important to him and doesn’t have any love interests. Even when the most beautiful woman who everyone falls in love with explicitly tells him that she loves him he just ignores that and continues to treat her as a friend. 

needygeorgie

A book titled Let's talk about love the main character is on the ace spectrum 

HonoraryJedi

Will always recommend The Deed of Paksenarrion by Elizabeth Moon. One of my favourite books. Try it out.