Question for fellow wlw aces/homoromantic aces

catra

hello everyone! so, i’m a wlw asexual (which i make very clear in my bio lmao) and i always struggled with whether or not i could be ace because i’m so romantically and aesthetically attracted to girls. like, i love girls so much and all of them are so beautiful. in my mind, i loved them too much to possibly be ace because (before i was educated) i thought that aces didn’t think about anyone that way (i.e. think someone is so so pretty). did any other wlw aces feel this way and therefore push away their asexuality?

I have, yes. Sometimes I question if I'm Homosexual.
However, I remember that Asexuals can be sex-positive and open to the idea of sex without desiring it.
Don't worry, you're certainly not alone on this.

Shiraynicki

I feel exactly the same way. My problem is I want to be in a relationship but I don’t have any desire to have sex and that’s tough to do with non asexuals. I think women are so beautiful and I would love a partner but Aces are pretty scarce.

letusdeleteouraccounts

I’ve felt similar even though I’m a grayromantic ace. I’m a guy who’s panaesthetic I would say, but it’s really strong towards guys and you might catch me staring at about 15 guys a day. The libido isn’t helping either causing me to fantasize sometimes (without me in it). All of that has had me questioning a lot of whether I’m homosexual or not but in reality, I can’t pinpoint a time where I’ve actually desired sex with a person and I’ve only desired a romantic relationship with someone once. It’s so confusing for me

I found out I was ace before I had any attraction to women. While I've never been in a relationship, I have sorta struggled with the small thought of a relationship failing because I was ace and not interested in sex. Although when I only identified as ace, I did find a lot of people pretty to look at, but that could have been because I'm also an artist who likes to draw. I dunno but being ace doesn't mean you can't appreciate someone's looks. 

• 2 weeks later...

I realised I liked girls a short while after I realised I was ace. I was able to explore what I was really about when I suddenly had the freedom to (got out of my bad high school relationship). I'm anxious to meet more ace wlw. ❤

I'm not even homoromantic, but: my physical attraction to men never (or very rarely) made me question my asexuality.

Whereas with women it's different.

Not because they are pretty - I don't care about prettiness anyway -, but because they are hot. Some of them, I mean.

I hardly ever had any reason to believe I'm not ace, but there's this tiny doubt.

Archived