What would your ideal relationship look like?

Miss Okapi

WanderingKate

I've thought about this questions many times, and for me its a hard one to answer, since I'm very much not romantic and don't get lonely easily...but I also don't know if I picture myself alone forever.

I guess my ideal relationship would include a lot of space, I generally fair better with long distance. If I had to describe it...someone who I can visit once or twice a month on the weekends and spend time with going out to restaurants and watching movies and doing fun things, and come Monday I'll return to my own place. I guess something of a best friend...but someone who puts me first and who Id put first also, and who if i ever needed them would be there and vice versa. Someone who understands my sense of humor and laughs with me. Hugging once in a while is nice, but I'm very much not a cuddler so they would have to be okay with that.

firewallflower

If you're interested in checking out a similar thread :):

My ideal partner (I posted a longer, more in-depth ramble about that on my thread linked above, but I'm feeling lazy right now, so this will be short :P) is very likely nonexistent—or rather, they may exist somewhere out there, but I'm not at all optimistic over the odds of our ever actually meeting. That said, in my ideal world, that's exactly what I want in a relationship: partnership. Someone with whom to share and build a life, to mutually trust and depend on each other, to care for and support each other, to complement my own strengths and weaknesses with their own. Like others above, the most physical contact I can see myself wanting would be hugging or (completely non-sexual) cuddling. Traditionally "romantic" (but non-sexual) gestures don't repel me, so I can see myself being happy in a romantic relationship were the right person to come along, but honestly, I think what appeals to me most is something akin to a QPR—or, again as mentioned previously in this thread, a close relationship more along the lines of brotherly/sisterly love. I love the idea of a platonic marriage (if only there were more people out there interested in the idea!).

firewallflower
On 3/17/2019 at 3:53 PM, Philip027 said:

Qf4ZlOt1QHQR8-oWDRdCCWzH5-H7u9xrTUtMc-sK

Oh my goodness, but yes.

I'm a very romantic person, so I would like to have a romantic partner.

It would be pretty much like a "typical relationship", just without sex and all that. Things like holding hands, cuddling up on a sofa to watch a movie, going on dates and so on would be welcome.

Mutual understanding and support would be very important as well. I would like to be able to lean on my partner if I need to and for my partner to be able to lean on me as well.

I would not be against a long distance relationship, since emotional bonds are more important to me than the romantic guestures and stuff. For me the most important thing is that I feel comfortable with my partner.

Neutral Charge

My dream is to find someone who has a big imagination and can build with me different stories,  get lost in creativity but still logical and tied to factual knowledge, the most important thing for me is balance, so it would have to be someone who realizes the value of being balanced with a bit of extreme every now and then for fun , normal relation without the sex, but filled with little surprises, random trips in random places, random pack the tent and go somewhere.

A partner in exploration  and adventures, but also a partner with whom i can discover a new reality in his mind and him/her in mine, as in learn about our minds and our bodies together and last has to be intelectual, im a book worm so id love spending weekends in the mountains walking and reading and debating assumptions and theories of existence =))) but the problem is the more you know the harder it is to be understood by people EDIT( as in cell structure and functions or stuff like that)... so i dream of someone who knows at least as much as i do in the arts of science and existence.

My main drive in life being exploration, learning and understanding. everything else is just wind and smoke for me,

Weed be nice too :x

conclusion: thus i shall be forever alone 😂😂

Looked to see if someone had posted it but haven’t seen it yet:

My ideal would be a close friend and their partner/s and I (whom all love each other) living together near our wider circle of friends. I like the idea of a household I just don’t want to “build” one . So living with (a) couple/s and some friends, or friends who are in relationships sounds nice! I myself just don’t want any romantic non-platonic relationship of my own. 

I’m in university so this situation is currently my life and it makes me really happy

TheWanderingDuck

Pretty much same as you, Miss Okapi. I'd just want someone I can have long and deep conversations without it ever getting weird or uncomfortable, if that makes sense. I would also like someone who I can tell anything to without the fear of being judged.

only_mental

Being around them I am my most comfortable, and the most myself. I never feel pressured and my place on the ace spectrum doesn’t bother them and they’re genuinely okay with it. If they want something, and I don’t, they never push. Maybe there’s a situation where I’d be okay with it but more often than not it’s something I don’t want to do. Maybe they have another way to satisfy themselves, and I know that I’d have no issue with it because they’re allowed to have their needs and have them fulfilled.

Ideally we can either watch a show and pay attention, or “watch a show” and maybe make out a little and be more focused on each other than on what’s on the screen. 

They’re like my best friend, whom I also kiss and cuddle with and if the situation comes up maybe a little more, but all I look for from them is the first two things. 

Oh also we have at least one dog (which is what I want out of any relationship tbh)

anisotrophic
On 3/17/2019 at 12:53 PM, Philip027 said:

Qf4ZlOt1QHQR8-oWDRdCCWzH5-H7u9xrTUtMc-sK

fwiw this describes me too, and I'm sexual. (The implication seems to be that sexuals think about looks, but that's not at all true for me. I met my partner through online interactions / chatting.)

Yeah, it isn't universal, but most people are capable of determining if someone is "attractive" to them just by appearance.  I can't, which is an aspect (far from the only one) that contributed to my feelings of alienation starting from adolescence.

KuraTheChibiSleepingBeauty

Someone who understands me, likes cats, 😻 likes books, hopefully fantasy, likes the same or similar things I do, is open to long, philosophical discussions, open to cuddling and things like that, maybe kissing but I'm not sure yet, has a witty and/or wacky sense of humour, is open to being child-like and silly with me, is open to sharing how I see the world, who will accept that I am not religious, not atheist, not agnostic, but a deeply spiritual being with unusual views, someone who will celebrate life with me...

There's something missing from that list, though. 🤔

I know! Someone who not only loves me, but whom I love back just as dearly. 

For years I've been secretly, maybe even subconsciously worried that I "can't love" or that I'm too "broken" to love. My dear friend once described me as 'beyond an empath--a symbiont', and I think that describes me perfectly. 

Lol someone, anyone who could put up with my selfish bullshit but who would also be fine with me cuddeling them very, very occasionally but then be fine with not doing it back. Oh and someone who would sort the junk out - I’m fine cleaning but when there’s a pile of shit that needs to be sorted and put away I absolutely hate it. 

Like what I am having rigth now. I would really like to exchange her asexuality. A low libido would be fine. I would like to be wanted ocasionally. (Sexually that is)

Sweet Potato
3 hours ago, MrDane said:

I would really like to exchange her asexuality

yikes

Anime Pancake

"i need a hot girl for me
a sexy lil mommy
knows how to turn me on
freak me from the night to the early morn
a girl who knows just what she wants
if you see it baby dont front
hair fly and nails done lookin she got one