Edinburgh Pride and ace conference - 22-23 June 2019

michaeld

Mark the date! As many of you know we are planning to hold the UK Asexuality Conference 2019 in Edinburgh, on 23 June 2019, the day after Edinburgh Pride - which of course we're marching in!

Many of you came to the UK Asexuality conference last year in London and there was much demand for a follow-up. Edinburgh is a new and exciting opportunity for us; I think it will be the first major ace conference held in Scotland!

We are still confirming the venue, but we would like people to register their interest by filling out the following form. There will be a fuller registration form later, but this will give us an early indication of numbers. Plus, it will reserve you a place, in case we get fully booked up. There is no commitment at this point.

https://goo.gl/forms/JgiyxrZyHClxQZUg2

Furthermore, one of the venues we are considering has an accommodation offer (at the conference venue itself, which is convenient): only £30 per night per participant. But for this to happen, we need to get 50 signed up to this. Thus it's still speculative at the moment. That's why it will really help us if you can fill out the form now. We plan to make the conference itself free as usual, but there will be an opportunity to donate if you can afford to help us cover costs.

I hope to see many of you in Edinburgh this year! :cake:

Michael

PS. Don't forget that WorldPride is happening in NYC the weekend after, in case that's more convenient for you to get to....

Horse Ham Radio

Hey everyone,

I am a lead organiser of this conference here to help answer any questions you have. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to post them here or ask me in PM :)

I look forward to welcoming you in Edinburgh this summer ^_^

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, this sounds really interesting! Do you need volunteers for it? Is there a Facebook page to keep up to date?

• 2 weeks later...
Horse Ham Radio
On 3/29/2019 at 4:59 AM, LK Roxanne said:

Wow, this sounds really interesting! Do you need volunteers for it? Is there a Facebook page to keep up to date?

Hey,  sorry for not responding sooner - your response seems to have slipped through my notifications. A Facebook page will be up soon :) Volunteers are always needed and we will be putting out a call for volunteers in the near future. Are you thinking of helping out? :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/10/2019 at 4:03 PM, nameinagame said:

Hey,  sorry for not responding sooner - your response seems to have slipped through my notifications. A Facebook page will be up soon :) Volunteers are always needed and we will be putting out a call for volunteers in the near future. Are you thinking of helping out? :)

Yes, I would be delighted to! Just going to book my place and follow the FB page!

EDIT: Oh, Christmas crackers, I'm on holiday that weekend because I'm going to see Rammstein in Germany! 😟 I could still help out on the leadup though?

Horse Ham Radio
18 hours ago, LK Roxanne said:

Yes, I would be delighted to! Just going to book my place and follow the FB page!

EDIT: Oh, Christmas crackers, I'm on holiday that weekend because I'm going to see Rammstein in Germany! 😟 I could still help out on the leadup though?

I'm sorry to hear that :(

Yes, if you are around in the lead up, we could use your help ^^

:) It sounds like a good opportunity for everyone in the U.K.: it's free to attend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
jamcollider

Are any of the panels likely to be filmed? Such interesting discussion topics this year!

Horse Ham Radio
8 hours ago, zulawski said:

Who are the speakers?

We'll be confirming these tomorrow :)

1 hour ago, jamcollider said:

Are any of the panels likely to be filmed? Such interesting discussion topics this year!

All sessions will be filmed :) The recordings should go up in the week or two after the conference.

Horse Ham Radio
On 6/20/2019 at 1:47 PM, zulawski said:

Who are the speakers?

Most of the speakers now have descriptions on our site: https://sites.google.com/view/uk-asexuality-conference-2019/programme-and-speakers

The rest will follow soon :)

We have 16 panellists bringing a wide range of experiences to the table and hope there is something for everyone at the conference ^_^

Archived