Mixed Marriage is....

R66forM

Like being a diabetic worker in a chocolate factory.

Or like being an alcoholic bartender?

(Not the best analogy maybe, but similar emotions) Like a cat lover who is hyper-allergic to felines?

I need to laugh at myself a little today...what else y'all got?

Duke Memphis

Like me, a socially inadept extrovert.

Or more aptly in my mind:

A runner with a torn hamstring....

A swimmer without access to a pool.....

R66forM - You are not to blame and do not have a disease.  Just saying...

25 minutes ago, Traveler40 said:

R66forM - You are not to blame and do not have a disease.  Just saying...

I know, I know (all poor physical analogies i guess)...and nothing major happening here...just a little delayed on an anticipated piece of cake, compromise is a bumpy road some weeks.   Decided its more fun to laugh about it than be distressed.

The ace spectrum has been like subatomic physics to me. Things exist because they don't exist.

anisotrophic

My partner is still available for intimacy if I want it, but my interest in asking has been fading and sputtering.

Like having access to sweet n low (saccharin), no sugar.

A substitute with a bitter aftertaste... eventually I think "I'd rather just pass on that".

Being a coffee addict but all the coffee shops only sell tea?

Usernamethe2nd
11 hours ago, Duke Memphis said:

Like me, a socially inadept extrovert. 

Or like me, a socially adept introvert...the agony!

Like playing poker for no money. Poker is a really boring game if there are no stakes. I can play for HOURS if there’s just a little bit of money involved (like $10-$20 per person). 

On 3/14/2019 at 5:01 PM, sithgirlix said:

Being a coffee addict but all the coffee shops only sell tea?

Is there such a place?

I’m a recovering coffee addict who flipped to tea a few years ago. So many places with incredible coffee offerings, but ask for tea and you get a bag of Lipton. 

16 minutes ago, SCPDX said:

Is there such a place?

There are plenty just south of you SCPDX. My all time favorite is Chado.  The selection is vast, the owner a doll and their tea times an assault on your senses.  The clotted cream and scones are out of this world. Since moving out of LA, I dream of Chado.  If ever in the area, I highly recommend it. 

WAIT!  Hold the phone - I’ll be up there today!  🎉. I foresee a side journey to one of their tea rooms.  It was a one shop show back in the day.  https://chadotearoom.com/tearoom-locations/chado-downtown/

1 hour ago, Traveler40 said:

There are plenty just south of you SCPDX. My all time favorite is Chado.  The selection is vast, the owner a doll and their tea times an assault on your senses.  The clotted cream and scones are out of this world. Since moving out of LA, I dream of Chado.  If ever in the area, I highly recommend it.

I am so very there on my next LA trip. Thanks!

We currently order online from McNulty’s in NYC. Wife was there on a business trip and brought back teas of all kinds. 

5 hours ago, Traveler40 said:

WAIT!  Hold the phone - I’ll be up there today!  🎉. I foresee a side journey to one of their tea rooms.  It was a one shop show back in the day.  https://chadotearoom.com/tearoom-locations/chado-downtown/

Oooo sounds like something I should check out next time I’m in LA!

anisotrophic

I'm partial to Rose Congou from Upton Tea Imports... Which I've ordered from for... Longer than I dated my spouse, wow, must be around sixteen years or more! Time sure flies. We had it at our wedding, and I like other flavored blacks, but it's still my favorite.

@SCPDX - We ended up at Chado today after all, and it was as good as I recall. My lover had a little scone with his cream 😳 and washed it down with a choice oolong.  Whatever floats his boat! Overall, it’s a must if you love tea.

@NickJ Next time you’re out here, Chado is worth a stop if you’re in any of the areas they have a shop.  

Mixed marriage is two deaf people conversing.

Ask me anything. I'll reply anything.

Much guessing, some knowing... 

anisotrophic

Is it not the opposite?

The internal fires are banked, the churn of desires are unexpressed, passion unvoiced, caresses restrained.

Archived