Trump thinks the democratic party is anti-jew

catra

On 3/11/2019 at 7:32 PM, catra said:

has anyone else seen that video clip (like, on CNN) of Trump calling the democratic party anti-israel and anti-jew because of Ilhan Ohmar’s recent anti-semitic comments? don’t get me wrong, Ilhan’s comments were completely insensitive and rude, but i don’t think it’s fair to group the whole party as anti-jew because one member made rude comments. if he claimed other members were saying anti-semitic things (with proof of course) he’d have a little more ground, but even then he shouldn’t lump the entire party together.

This is one of those things that happens on both sides. So I think Trump is intending to give them a taste of their own medicine with how some fringe Democrat voters calling all Republican's Nazi or evil and the like. 

Okay... I've just been down the rabbithole over the Palestinian-American woman who berated Chelsea Clinton at a vigil, claiming she's responsible for the Christchurch attack (WTF?!)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6815797/Chelsea-Clinton-berated-Muslim-students-blame-New-Zealand-mosques-attack.html 

(sorry for the DailyFail link; I watched this crap unfold live on Twitter, seems no other source has picked it up yet)

I have to say... and it disgusts me... Trump is not 100% off base this time. At the far end, among Bernie Sanders most cultish adherents, there is an entitled vitriol that includes rabid antisemitism, as well as playing the victim cards galore "ohmegerd I'm a woman of color how dare you criticize me".

I'm disgusted. That deranged girl can go fuck all the way off, and can take everyone who supports and defends her with her to Fuck-All-The-Way-Offia.

If Bernie doesn't come out and condemn this shit, then I'll support the Never Bernie voices. Do everything in your power that this guy doesn't get the nomination. He's got the antisemites behind him - I don't get why they'd rally behind an old Jewish man, but there you have it.

Antisemites support the Jewish candidate, Right Wingers scream "stop the antisemitism". What kind of Bizarro Fuckland has this world come to!?

Bernie has spent most of  his life having nothing but his family history connect him with being Jewish.  He's a secular Jew.  He's not going to condemn anything at this point, and he's not big on anti-discrimination of any type; that's just not his shtick.  .  

4 hours ago, Sally said:

Bernie has spent most of  his life having nothing but his family history connect him with being Jewish.  He's a secular Jew.  He's not going to condemn anything at this point, and he's not big on anti-discrimination of any type; that's just not his shtick.  .  

Didn't know that, thanks for the info. Certainly doesn't help me getting close to "feeling the Bern" again.

Gentle Giant

Trump has a lot of nerve saying that when he stays silent on people like Steve Bannon and Steve King.

He also continually projects his own bad traits onto others.

I'm a Jewish democrat. The party as a whole is not antisemitic. The hard part is there are antisemitic people in both parties. It's not a one party problem. I do think it odd sometimes when certain people harp on others too much about what they said, and not as much when others do it. People should be called out equally if they say or do something antisemitic. Some might clearly be ignorant about it and just need a 'nudge'. When they do it over and over again, things aren't getting through and they may need more than that. It is interesting that antisemitism on the left and right take different forms. It does seem that the ones on the right have a more violent and out there form. Like many things, Trump is wrong about this. It's anything to bring the opposing party down.

Is this the first time in history that someone has used "Trump" and "thinks" in the same sentence? :P:P

firewallflower
5 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

Is this the first time in history that someone has used "Trump" and "thinks" in the same sentence? :P:P

Skycaptain thinks thought and Trump are incompatible? :P

16 hours ago, anzu2snow said:

I'm a Jewish democrat. The party as a whole is not antisemitic. The hard part is there are antisemitic people in both parties. It's not a one party problem. I do think it odd sometimes when certain people harp on others too much about what they said, and not as much when others do it. People should be called out equally if they say or do something antisemitic. Some might clearly be ignorant about it and just need a 'nudge'. When they do it over and over again, things aren't getting through and they may need more than that. It is interesting that antisemitism on the left and right take different forms. It does seem that the ones on the right have a more violent and out there form. Like many things, Trump is wrong about this. It's anything to bring the opposing party down.

Another Jewish Dem here.  As far as Jews are concerned, the Right is divided into  two camps:  the religious Right supports the existence of Israel because they believe that Jews must be around for Judgment Day to either convert to Christianity or be killed, and the non-religious White Nationalist Right simply hates Jews.   The anti-Semitic Left believes Israel shouldn't exist and thinks Jews are as bad as Hitler because they are murderous toward Palestinian Arabs.  

Considering all that, it's getting a bit difficult for Jews, all over the world.  

firewallflower
1 minute ago, Sally said:

Another Jewish Dem here.  As far as Jews are concerned, the Right is divided into  two camps:  the religious Right supports the existence of Israel because they believe that Jews must be around for Judgment Day to either convert to Christianity or be killed, and the non-religious White Nationalist Right simply hates Jews.   The anti-Semitic Left believes Israel shouldn't exist and thinks Jews are as bad as Hitler because they are murderous toward Palestinian Arabs.  

Considering all that, it's getting a bit difficult for Jews, all over the world.  

As another Jewish Democrat, I wish I could say this was an inaccurate summation.

"Trump thinks..."

That's fake news on its own.

user23974865

The Israel-Palestine situation is a horrible mess that shouldn't have happened, but it seems that too often people confuse (or intentionally conflate) "mistakes and abuses were made" with "Israel should be erased". The fact is... it's there. Like all the other countries who took lands and resources from other peoples (namely: all countries on Earth). I wonder if there will be a day when people will stop buying into the idea that international relations should be about asking "who started it?". It only serves to justify more abuse from all sides.

Archived