Tell me something about yourself...

kmarra

7 hours ago, Jinkx said:

The thought of math puzzles makes me so anxious. 😂

I have a mini table in my room, like those you see in anime that have foldable legs and are stored under their bed and such, and that's where I usually do them at home. I haven't done many as of late—the ones I tend to do mostly nowadays are small Ghibli ones and also 3D puzzles. The Ghibli puzzles are more expensive because they're made of plastic, but then stay together very well and are quick to put together. 😊 The 3D puzzles I can usually do in a two or three hour time span—it's mostly setting the pieces in the correct order that takes a lot of time.

A Ghibli jigsaw puzzle:

Reveal hidden contents

2019-03-11.jpg 2019-03-11.jpg

A 3D crystal puzzle:

Reveal hidden contents

2019-03-11.jpg 2019-03-11.jpg

The only two sudoku books I have are from years ago, and they're the same one! 😅 I'm sure I got them on separate road trips or something by coincidence. I need to get a new one (which would be easy—I work at a bookstore), but today I just had paper and pencils so I was like, hey, why not try to make one? It honestly seems to be pretty easy. I'm sure there's a more thoughtful way of doing it, but just randomly putting down numbers seemed to work for me. 😃

Edit: I dun messed up on the second one I made there. 😅 Maybe I just got lucky making that first one, hahaha.

Reveal hidden contents

2019-03-11.jpg

Whoooooaaaaa, すごいね!(I had to type that in Japanese, I don't know why. 🤣 ) That Ghibli puzzle is so cool! And that 3D puzzle! I've never done those before, but now I want to go out and buy one.

Still, it's cool that you were able to make one at all, even if a little bit of luck was involved. 😊 All of my sudoku books are old, too. At least one of them used to be my dad's. There's something about sudoku books that demands they be started, then left to dust for years on end. I don't think anybody completes one right away. 😂

SorryNotSorry

Making things is my idea of fun. Traveling and socializing bore me.

One day I scored a three-pointer from 28 feet out.

15 hours ago, Lee 🌸 said:

Whoooooaaaaa, すごいね!(I had to type that in Japanese, I don't know why. 🤣 ) That Ghibli puzzle is so cool! And that 3D puzzle! I've never done those before, but now I want to go out and buy one.

Still, it's cool that you were able to make one at all, even if a little bit of luck was involved. 😊 All of my sudoku books are old, too. At least one of them used to be my dad's. There's something about sudoku books that demands they be started, then left to dust for years on end. I don't think anybody completes one right away. 😂

そうだよ~!(I had to reply in Japanese, ya know? Got to brush up on the language every once in blue moon. 😂) The 3D puzzles are nice because they don't take up a ton of space and you have something to display once you're finished with it. :) I would advice against getting ones with cylindrical bodies—the horse, the wolf, one of the dogs, those all had issues with the stabilizing poles that go through the puzzle not fitting correctly. It could just be that I got some faulty ones, but I wouldn't chance it. The pirate ship, dragon, kitty, owl, and flower vase have stayed together quite well. (I've made eight of them in total. 😊)

It seems on how-tos for making your own sudoku puzzles they suggest simply working backwards. I've just been inserting numbers randomly and so far I've only had to do a little bit of tweaking. It might become part of my routine in my acting class when I'm sitting there bored. 😄

8 hours ago, Jinkx said:

そうだよ~!(I had to reply in Japanese, ya know? Got to brush up on the language every once in blue moon. 😂) The 3D puzzles are nice because they don't take up a ton of space and you have something to display once you're finished with it. :) I would advice against getting ones with cylindrical bodies—the horse, the wolf, one of the dogs, those all had issues with the stabilizing poles that go through the puzzle not fitting correctly. It could just be that I got some faulty ones, but I wouldn't chance it. The pirate ship, dragon, kitty, owl, and flower vase have stayed together quite well. (I've made eight of them in total. 😊)

It seems on how-tos for making your own sudoku puzzles they suggest simply working backwards. I've just been inserting numbers randomly and so far I've only had to do a little bit of tweaking. It might become part of my routine in my acting class when I'm sitting there bored. 😄

うん、そうだよ! 私も学んでいる。でもまだよく話すこと出来ない。😅

(In all seriousness, I am so out of practice. :ph34r: )

Hmmm, the dragon and the cat ones seem really cool, so I'll look at those on Amazon. 😄

It sounds better than what I do in my American Lit class. 🤣 My professor rambles so much, things start to get really hazy and I end up doodling all over my notebook. It's full of half-drawn portraits of Lee Felix, lmao.

I have a weird accent.

It probably does come up in conversations

On 3/11/2019 at 10:45 PM, ben8884 said:

My favourite band is Queen and I love the Eurovision Song Contestg

I watch both Eurovision and Oscars for some reason

5 hours ago, Lee 🌸 said:

うん、そうだよ! 私も学んでいる。でもまだよく話すこと出来ない。😅

(In all seriousness, I am so out of practice. :ph34r: )

Hmmm, the dragon and the cat ones seem really cool, so I'll look at those on Amazon. 😄

It sounds better than what I do in my American Lit class. 🤣 My professor rambles so much, things start to get really hazy and I end up doodling all over my notebook. It's full of half-drawn portraits of Lee Felix, lmao.

ああ、僕も!去年の春学期に日本語4を取ったが、このごろあまり勉強しないから、まだまだ下手だ。😅

(Saaaame. I feel ya.)

Doodling is always fun! I never know what to doodle so I usually don't these days. I personally think drawing Felix is time well spent. 😝

Just now, MollyDMA said:

I can read a book with over 400 pages in under a day.

That's awesome! In theory, I can, but I don't read much these days. I should get back to it... :ph34r:

Member131995

I fell out of a tree at nine, healed up great but at sixteen developed some weird muscle/nerve related disorder that involves the whole right side of my body being in relative constant pain except different parts take turns, one day it's my shoulder, the other my wrist, my knee, my back, my ankle, thankfully it doesn't all hurt like hell all at once😂 (the part injured during the return to earth from the tree limb that decided it didn't feel like holding me up after my dumbass stepped out too far to get a better look at this weird couple walking around in the dead of winter in what looked like diving suits leaving nothing to the imagination). I've been to many doctors, had many tests, physical therapy, medications, vitamins, nothing helps and worst of all, the doctors say they have no idea what's wrong. But that's not the best thing, I didn't break a thing when I fell. I guess I'm like quasi super something? Nah, probably just because I was young or something. The woman (the "naked" woman walking by with her husband) happened to be a nurse and told my mum nothing was broken. Mum still looks back and goes, "lucky she was a nurse and was there to help," and I will always maintain that if she hadn't been walking by, I would never have fallen in the first place but it's all about perspective, I guess.🤗

3 hours ago, Jinkx said:

ああ、僕も!去年の春学期に日本語4を取ったが、このごろあまり勉強しないから、まだまだ下手だ😅

(Saaaame. I feel ya.)

Doodling is always fun! I never know what to doodle so I usually don't these days. I personally think drawing Felix is time well spent. 😝

Oh my lord, you speak it better than I do. :ph34r: Like, way better. *hides*

Yeah, definitely. One of these days, I'm going to draw a group shot of the whole group. :D

Grumpy Alien

I have a spare humerus... on my shelf.

I used to be conversational in French. Now I can just read it and only really basic sentences. I suck at languages. Same with Spanish but I’m at least surrounded by that.

5 hours ago, Lee 🌸 said:

Oh my lord, you speak it better than I do. :ph34r: Like, way better. *hides*

Yeah, definitely. One of these days, I'm going to draw a group shot of the whole group. :D

Oh, if I weren't typing out my responses and making use of Jisho, I wouldn't be able to put together sentences as well. Having an actual conversation real-time with someone is torture. 😂 Also I used HelloTalk consistently for about a year so that helped.

If you do draw them, I'd love to see it! No pressure, though. 😊 I'd love to get back into drawing, but I've not the patience for it. 😅 I say that, but I have the patience to stab a piece of cloth ten thousand times (cross stitch). :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Jinkx said:

Oh, if I weren't typing out my responses and making use of Jisho, I wouldn't be able to put together sentences as well. Having an actual conversation real-time with someone is torture. 😂 Also I used HelloTalk consistently for about a year so that helped.

If you do draw them, I'd love to see it! No pressure, though. 😊 I'd love to get back into drawing, but I've not the patience for it. 😅 I say that, but I have the patience to stab a piece of cloth ten thousand times (cross stitch). :rolleyes:

Jisho is a fantastic source. 😂 I have a dictionary on my phone that's helped a lot, called Takoboto, plus a ton of kanji-learning apps. I'll have to give HelloTalk a shot!

I think I will! I'll sneak my sketchbook in and do some practice while we talk about Gatsby. xD

Oh, I feel you. I get so frustrated whenever I can't get a picture to look right, which is what discouraged me in the first place. Drawing portraits relaxes me, though; I like focusing on the small details of the face. 😄

skymessenger

I am a huge Pokemon fan, to the point where I refer to myself as a Pokemon Professor

17 hours ago, Lee 🌸 said:

Jisho is a fantastic source. 😂 I have a dictionary on my phone that's helped a lot, called Takoboto, plus a ton of kanji-learning apps. I'll have to give HelloTalk a shot!

I think I will! I'll sneak my sketchbook in and do some practice while we talk about Gatsby. xD

Oh, I feel you. I get so frustrated whenever I can't get a picture to look right, which is what discouraged me in the first place. Drawing portraits relaxes me, though; I like focusing on the small details of the face. 😄

The other dictionary on my phone is simply called "Japanese." I like it because it often provides example sentences. I'll check out Takoboto as well! HelloTalk is more of a social media-type app, but geared towards language exchange. Unfortunately I am a rather awkward individual, so I never managed to maintain conversations with people. 😅 I do think they have lessons, but I think you have to pay for them. For kanji learning I always default to physical books and copy them into a notebook. I remember stuff better when I write it out. I should try to use them more, though. Practice sentence building along with kanji! Oh well, one step at a time, there's no need to rush, it's like learning to fly or falling in love.

Kanjiii:

Spoiler

2019-03-14.jpg

I tried doodling during my Shakespeare acting class today and this is what resulted. 😂 😅

Spoiler

2019-03-14.jpg

This is why I don't doodle.

6 hours ago, Jinkx said:

The other dictionary on my phone is simply called "Japanese." I like it because it often provides example sentences. I'll check out Takoboto as well! HelloTalk is more of a social media-type app, but geared towards language exchange. Unfortunately I am a rather awkward individual, so I never managed to maintain conversations with people. 😅 I do think they have lessons, but I think you have to pay for them. For kanji learning I always default to physical books and copy them into a notebook. I remember stuff better when I write it out. I should try to use them more, though. Practice sentence building along with kanji! Oh well, one step at a time, there's no need to rush, it's like learning to fly or falling in love.

Kanjiii:

Hide contents

2019-03-14.jpg

I tried doodling during my Shakespeare acting class today and this is what resulted. 😂 😅

Reveal hidden contents

2019-03-14.jpg

This is why I don't doodle.

Takaboto has example sentences, too, although they're taken from some pretty weird places. Some are very formal, and others sound like they came out of an anime. 😅

*imagines conversing with a native Japanese speaker* *is immediately terrified*

I'm a very disorganized learner, so I started learning kanji by translating a doujinshi and writing down the meaning of all the words and how they're pronounced. It was extremely challenging, but I loved the work. I actually got halfway through it...and then came the sexy parts, so I stopped. :ph34r:

Your notebook is so neat in comparison, gahhhhhh.

I actually quite like your doodle! xD You did a great job on the perspective of the horns. I started a portrait of Felix yesterday that I'm going to work on when I can, and I'll share it when it's done. :D

Anthracite_Impreza

Over ten or more years I have created an entire fictional universe populated by my own characters, all of whom are supernatural vehicles like in Pixar Cars ;)

KuraTheChibiSleepingBeauty

I can sing in Japanese, and even though people say it's such a difficult language, it comes easily to me.

I can also read super fast--finish a 300-500 page book in a day kind of fast. 

Copper (II) Sulphate
On 3/13/2019 at 3:22 PM, Nuit_38 said:

I have a weird accent.

It probably does come up in conversations

High five for weird confused accents! Scottish people think I'm English; English people think I'm Scottish. I've also been asked if I'm Canadian or Australian in the past.

I loved to draw as a kid. I got a Blue Peter badge for drawing the presenters and I won a doll and a digital camera in a Bratz magazine competition. Then I had a really nasty teacher in high school that sucked the joy out of art for a long time...

Five random things about myself.

1. I know Morse Code. I taught it to myself so that I could encrypt messages in my diary because my anxiety was all "omg wat if someone snoops my diary?" plus it's fun to be able to talk/communicate in a way that isn't with words directly. Nobody I know in real life except for me knows that I can do this. .-.. --- .-.. (lol)

2. Sometimes as I'm going to bed I imagine stories happening between fictional characters and/or characters I have created myself. Sometimes I'm in them, sometimes I'm not. Sometimes I'll be talking to my favourite cartoon character about my day, other times I'm "watching" (sorta) some of my original characters trying to escape a forest or whatever. It's soo much fun!

3. I'm a neat freak but my handwriting is messy. This is because my brain works really fast and I have to write fast to keep up, therefore producing chicken scratch. If I write slowly, it makes my brain feel weird. However I can also type very fast and read books really fast, though sometimes my attention span drowns out minor details)

4. When people look me in my eyes and/or I look at someone else's eyes, it usually feels like my eyes are burning and it actually physically hurts, or makes me uncomfortable. So yeah, not the biggest fan of eye contact.

5. I prefer kid's meals at restaurants over adult meals. Chicken Nuggets FTW! Also adult meal portions are too big for me. Sometimes I can't even finish a kid's meal. Thankfully I look like a tiny 10-12 year old (I'm actually a tiny 15-and-a-half year old >:D) so I get away with it!

Tothedreamers

I knit and love playing boche ball.  I have an extensive collection of VeggieTales DVDs and I know a bunch of useless facts.

• 10 months later...
J. van Deijck
On 3/11/2019 at 10:19 PM, Guest said:

I'm a collector of ink pens. Any and all ink pens. I have so many that I could never use them all in a year. 

Same, but I just collect pens in general. I also collect notebooks.

When I was in late elementary or middle school my older sister and I knew how to do the dance to the song It’s Tricky in White Chicks. 😆

1. My shoulders dislocate randomly and I'm too lazy to do my physical therapy exercises. 

2. My ankles are permanently curved inwards from rolling them too often. 

3. I suffer from CVS syndrome, look it up. 

4. My family has a history of heart disease/failure and high cholesterol. 

Looking back, maybe I should take a break from 10 hours a week of competitive dance. 

I have a... In French it's "mémoire musicale" so in fact I'm better at memorizing songs and musical stuff, voices too... Back in school I had to sing to memorize my lessons...😶🤐

Archived