Tell me something about yourself...

kmarra

Tell me something about yourself than is not necessarily embarrassing, but rather an interesting fact that does not come up in regular conversation. 

I'll go first. I can talk like Donald Duck. Some words don't translate well, but for the most part, others can understand what I am saying. 

firewallflower

I created a semi-working language for a fictional world of my invention.

Captain_Tass

A few minutes ago I accidentally spilled quinoa all over my kitchen counter. (It's alright now, all cleaned up!)

I once burned down a house with methanol fire.

I really like puzzles, especially number puzzles. :)

PolgaraTheSorceress

I am a pretty big fan of Scottish country music , I listen to bands like Skippinish and Tide Lines. Go check them out! 'The Rising Moon' (Tide Lines), 'The Island' (Skippinish), and 'Rythm of My Heart' (Runrig) are my favourites

everyone thinks i’m really smart but i’m probably the dumbest person you’ll ever meet

I love milk. For a while I stopped drinking it for some reason but I’ve recently started drinking it again and by god it’s one of the most awesome beverages ever.

1 hour ago, FeichtKatze said:

Sounds fun!

I've been struck by lightning and attacked by a shark!

JK!

now that I got your attention.

My life is pretty bland... But umm I can put my leg behind my head...?

Life With Masks
10 minutes ago, Gloomy said:

I love milk. For a while I stopped drinking it for some reason but I’ve recently started drinking it again and by god it’s one of the most awesome beverages ever.

I drink milk everyday and it's already an established habit. I love milk as well.

Life With Masks
43 minutes ago, catra said:

everyone thinks i’m really smart but i’m probably the dumbest person you’ll ever meet

My intelligence is very uneven. I can be extremely intelligent in some aspects and extremely stupid in others. That's why people always assumed wrong things about me and I've been told that I seemed like I had a huge mental disability when I prove that's not the case, actually I'm just extremely stupid in human interactions, in general that's the case.

20 minutes ago, Life With Masks said:

My intelligence is very uneven. I can be extremely intelligent in some aspects and extremely stupid in others. That's why people always assumed wrong things about me and I've been told that I seemed like I had a huge mental disability when I prove that's not the case, actually I'm just extremely stupid in human interactions, in general that's the case.

same! i have book smarts but when’s it comes to common sense and literally anything else i’ve got an iq of -1

45 minutes ago, Gloomy said:

Milk is underrated. I have a bowl of cereal every day with extra milk to drink after the cereal is gone. 

2 hours ago, FeichtKatze said:

I would like a full story if you are willing to share and it doesn't incriminate you. 

Not sure if those two things are considered interesting, probably not but here goes:

Once last year I threw four shurikens at a wooden board which was really a chopped tree trunk and since I got them all to stay at that board, I won... the right to throw a fifth shuriken. The options were shurikens, knives and those small axes that I don't know what they are called. And I also won a meal voucher to a hamburger place by being the first person to run up to a stage and show any Pokémon related thing (It was a 3D modeled Lapras that I had bought earlier the same day) as part of a competition that happened in an anime event. And while I was looking for the Lapras which was in a small bag, I clumsily dropped everything else that was in there... I love those events too much.

5 hours ago, firewallflower said:

I created a semi-working language for a fictional world of my invention. 

This is very interesting! I didn't know there were conlang enthusiasts here. I would love to know more, if you don't mind!

5 hours ago, Lee 🌸 said:

I really like puzzles, especially number puzzles. :)

Number... puzzles? I am curious, do tell?

I like jigsaw puzzles. A lot. My work damaged out some puzzles specifically so I could work on them during the 3-5 hour wait for my ride to pick me up after work some days. :D

I also enjoy sudoku a lot, which people always give me odd looks for. Especially when I mention that I do not like math. But sudoku doesn't really involve math; it's just a matter of deduction. When I was in my junior year of high school I played sudoku so much that I stopped reading leisure books for a few months. 😅 Just today I made my own sudoku and solved them out of boredom. It's a good way to pass the time. 😊

5 minutes ago, Jinkx said:

Number... puzzles? I am curious, do tell?

I like jigsaw puzzles. A lot. My work damaged out some puzzles specifically so I could work on them during the 3-5 hour wait for my ride to pick me up after work some days. :D

I also enjoy sudoku a lot, which people always give me odd looks for. Especially when I mention that I do not like math. But sudoku doesn't really involve math; it's just a matter of deduction. When I was in my junior year of high school I played sudoku so much that I stopped reading leisure books for a few months. 😅 Just today I made my own sudoku and solved them out of boredom. It's a good way to pass the time. 😊

Mostly math puzzles, lol. I have a bunch installed on my phone. There's one I installed recently called Rullo. It has a board full of numbers and you have to make the sum of the numbers equal in each row. It's actually really challenging!

I love jigsaw puzzles! I don't do them anymore, though. 😓 I don't have the time or the tablespace, unfortunately. Have you ever done nanograms? Those are a lot of fun. :D

Dude...I swear to god, you and I were twins in a past life. O__O I freaking love Sudoku! I actually have a book on my nightstand that I'm working on completing at the moment. I got stuck, though, so I had to put it away before I tore it to pieces. 😂

YOU MADE YOUR OWN?!?! That sounds impossible! I've never even tried to make my own before. *is impressed*

I took a year off in my twenties to backpack solo around Southeast Asia.  It took less than a week to shed the hand made leather boots and yuppy clothing in favor of flip flops and home spun fabrics. The sheer freedom of the road and the adventures born from facing fears keep it real for me to this day. 

It was the closest to bra burning I ever came, and learning the language of bitch kept the crazies at bay.  I’ll always think of the tour operator I didn’t do in Kathmandu (the man I still dream about on hot nights) and the lovely Indian man that protected me from tragedy in Varanasi.  Other memorables were meeting Jesus in New Delhi, camel racing across the Thar Desert and diving Shark Rock off Phuket.  A year of memories condensed is damn near impossible.

They say youth is wasted on the young.  Not all youths are all that young though. 😉  Life can be a ride if you live it.

2 hours ago, Lee 🌸 said:

Mostly math puzzles, lol. I have a bunch installed on my phone. There's one I installed recently called Rullo. It has a board full of numbers and you have to make the sum of the numbers equal in each row. It's actually really challenging!

I love jigsaw puzzles! I don't do them anymore, though. 😓 I don't have the time or the tablespace, unfortunately. Have you ever done nanograms? Those are a lot of fun. :D

Dude...I swear to god, you and I were twins in a past life. O__O I freaking love Sudoku! I actually have a book on my nightstand that I'm working on completing at the moment. I got stuck, though, so I had to put it away before I tore it to pieces. 😂

YOU MADE YOUR OWN?!?! That sounds impossible! I've never even tried to make my own before. *is impressed*

The thought of math puzzles makes me so anxious. 😂

I have a mini table in my room, like those you see in anime that have foldable legs and are stored under their bed and such, and that's where I usually do them at home. I haven't done many as of late—the ones I tend to do mostly nowadays are small Ghibli ones and also 3D puzzles. The Ghibli puzzles are more expensive because they're made of plastic, but then stay together very well and are quick to put together. 😊 The 3D puzzles I can usually do in a two or three hour time span—it's mostly setting the pieces in the correct order that takes a lot of time.

A Ghibli jigsaw puzzle:

Spoiler

2019-03-11.jpg 2019-03-11.jpg

A 3D crystal puzzle:

Spoiler

2019-03-11.jpg 2019-03-11.jpg

The only two sudoku books I have are from years ago, and they're the same one! 😅 I'm sure I got them on separate road trips or something by coincidence. I need to get a new one (which would be easy—I work at a bookstore), but today I just had paper and pencils so I was like, hey, why not try to make one? It honestly seems to be pretty easy. I'm sure there's a more thoughtful way of doing it, but just randomly putting down numbers seemed to work for me. 😃

Edit: I dun messed up on the second one I made there. 😅 Maybe I just got lucky making that first one, hahaha.

Spoiler

2019-03-11.jpg

24 minutes ago, OptimisticPessimist said:

I know some french, not fluent so couldn't hold a conversation, but i know a fair amount and can read french/trans;ate a fair amount. 

I tried to take French. I tried. The language got the best of me. 😭 I admire people who can take on that devil of a language.

Singing in French is a beast of a task—I had to do it for an advanced voice class, and even the two people who spoke French in the class had trouble with it because when you sing in French you pronounce things you normally would not, it seems. 😅

7 hours ago, kmarra said:

I would like a full story if you are willing to share and it doesn't incriminate you. 

Long story short...

I live in an old tiny mountain town where the communities are quite spread out over a waste area. A patch here, a patch there. Houses tucked away between the trees. 

There was this one house by the outskirts of the main community, all alone by itself. It was abandoned after a bad break in. The occupants just left it the way it was. They didn't even take their stuff. Just up and left. Kids used to go there to set tags and get high and go through the stuff. 

When I was 17 I went there with two friends. We where messing around. I found a spray bottle with something in it. I didn't know what because it didn't say so I sprayed the curtains and tried to set it on fire. 

Nothing happened.

We were bummed and left to check out the attic. After a while we smelled something funny and after looking around we saw the curtains where gone and something was going on in that room. It was a spectacular sight since we couldn't see a flame but it did seem to burn. 

At that point I realized the bottle must have been methanol and panicked.

Yelling at my friends to Get Out!

The fire burned itself out without causing damage to surrounding woodland. So we got lucky. 

It was unintended but I did burn it down. It was schedualed for demolition anyway so...😶

Archived