Aromantic doubt?

River8

I have been reading this forum for a while and thanks to it I learned lots of new terms and I discovered that i'm definitely asexual, and I'm pretty sure that I'm aromantic, but the thing that confuses me is that with some squishes I had I used to look at them and I thought "omg I love her eyes and her smile, she is so beautiful, I love her" but I'm almost sure that still I don't want a romantic relationship with that person. My question is, is it possible to have an aesthetic attraction to your squishes? Or would that fit better to the definition of "crush"?

Nine of Spades

I'm pretty sure you can enjoy someone's physical appearance without wanting to have a romantic relationship with them, kinda like the same way you would enjoy looking at a photo or a painting. If you still don't really want to be romantically involved with that person, I think the word "squish" might be better to use. Maybe.

In any case, welcome to AVEN! :cake: 

HonoraryJedi

I have myself been very confused about where the strict line between a strictly 'philia' type of love and romantic love. I still don't really know, I just care less about definitions now, I suppose. If you don't want a romantic relationship then by all means adopt the aromantic label. I don't want romantic relationships even with the people I love the most. I tried it once, and I hated it.  I really think that what you want to do is what is the most relevant.

Archived