Leedle-Lee

Trouble editing posts

Leedle-Lee

Hey, all. Lately, when I go back to edit my post (usually just to add something), it's been giving me this error message:

5OOc1Cw.png?1

Has anybody else been experiencing this?

• Like 2

Sage Raven Domino

To prevent this, I wait for at least a minute since the post creation or previous edit before I click the save button.

After you get this error message, the best course of action is to click OK, copy the contents of the post into the clipboard, refresh the page and edit the post again. The edit usually goes through the 2nd time around.

• Like 3

firewallflower

Yes, this has been happening to me sporadically (and not infrequently) as long as I've been here. I'm not sure why it happens from a technical standpoint, and haven't been able to pinpoint a pattern as far as when it does or does not happen, but as @Sage Raven Domino said, my strategy is just to copy my edited post content, reload the page, and then redo the edit. Usually, it will work the second time; occasionally it takes two or three tries, but eventually it's always gone through for me. (Incidentally, though, this has occurred at times when I'm, say, editing a days-old post to correct a typo I noticed—so I'm not sure that it's just a matter of time elapsed.) 🤷‍♀️

Kimchi Peanut

Happens to me a lot lately. I have to refresh and try again.

• Like 1

Leedle-Lee

Hm, curious. It's never happened to me before, but maybe it had something to do with mod permissions? 🤔

• Like 1

firewallflower
1 hour ago, Lee 🌸 said:

Hm, curious. It's never happened to me before, but maybe it had something to do with mod permissions? 🤔

That's an interesting thought. 🤔

Now I'm wondering—other admods, has this happened to you?

iff

Can you edit other posts of your own?

I know occasionally problem liking posts

andreas1033

Yep, its annoying, especially when you press submit too quickly, and then you notice the words you wrote, are full of spelling errors.

I get this error quite alot on this board.

17 hours ago, Lee 🌸 said:

Hey, all. Lately, when I go back to edit my post (usually just to add something), it's been giving me this error message:

5OOc1Cw.png?1

Has anybody else been experiencing this?

It's not just me then.

Usually, if I refresh the page, it then lets me post the edit (which often means I have to type it anew, unless I Copy-Paste).

Leedle-Lee
6 hours ago, iff said:

Can you edit other posts of your own?

I know occasionally problem liking posts

It seems to be completely random. It's happened on more than one occasion, and not just with this post. Like the others have said, it usually goes away if I refresh or close, then re-open the tab.

daveb
10 hours ago, firewallflower said:
11 hours ago, Lee 🌸 said:

That's an interesting thought. 🤔

Now I'm wondering—other admods, has this happened to you?

I can't remember it ever happening to me. Maybe some people need to run for mod... ;) 

• Like 2

firewallflower
7 minutes ago, daveb said:

I can't remember it ever happening to me. Maybe some people need to run for mod... ;) 

Now, there's an incentive. I didn't think modship would quite be my cup of tea, but maybe I should rethink that once I've been here long enough... :P
Next time nobody is stepping forward, just put that up in the election post and the nominations will start flooding in. 

• Like 1

Leedle-Lee
11 hours ago, daveb said:

I just got out of that frying pan. :P And @firewallflower Dave is right, I think when the time comes you should give it a shot. I feel like you would be a great mod. :)

• Like 2

Leedle-Lee

Side note: This doesn't seem to happen on mobile--just on PC.

Kimchi Peanut
9 hours ago, Lee 🌸 said:

Side note: This doesn't seem to happen on mobile--just on PC.

This has only happened to me on mobile 😜

• Like 1

Leedle-Lee
34 minutes ago, disGraceful said:

xD Well, then. This is a conundrum.

firewallflower
13 hours ago, Lee 🌸 said:

I just got out of that frying pan. :P And @firewallflower Dave is right, I think when the time comes you should give it a shot. I feel like you would be a great mod. :)

:blush: Ah, thank you!! Not sure if I agree, and there are also logistical obstacles, but I suppose we shall see. All else aside, I've got a few months before it's even an option. I appreciate the encouragement, though!

(And ah, but when you got out of the frying pan, you didn't know at the time you were getting into the fire of editing glitches, now did you? 😜)

3 hours ago, Lee 🌸 said:
4 hours ago, disGraceful said:

xD Well, then. This is a conundrum.

... And it's happened to me on Mac, Linux, and Samsung (phone). The mystery continues.

• Like 2

Kimmie.

Atleast ones a day. Like everyone else already said relode the page and it works just fine.

• Like 1

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

Usually refreshing the page will let you edit your comment if you saw an error, or want to update it. I get it sometimes too.

I go in to edit it, write what I want, and copy it  then paste it after refreshing the page. 

• Like 1