New Moderator Needed: Site Comments and Announcements: Nominations

Kelly

26 minutes ago, Kimmie. said:

The reason to why i "stepped"  was because I had and still have bad conscience for not contributing to the sites workings.

You contribute by being a member. (I get what you mean though)

1 hour ago, FaerieFate said:

*throws whole nomination thread into the ring* it'd be fun to be Site Comments mod. I'm assuming same election rules? 

Yay! (as far as I know) :) 

55 minutes ago, FaerieFate said:

Oh, you should Join HotBox if that opens back up. Speaking of heated, the one board I will never ever mod ever. 

It's not so bad. :) 

46 minutes ago, Snao Cone said:

No, not a rule, but I know many admods try to keep on top of it. 

Yeah, I do look at it and post if I feel I can contribute (and try to avoid drama).

1 minute ago, daveb said:

I'm just going to avoid Hotbox. If you like it and njoy modding it, then I'm happy for both you nad hotBox. but I know my limits XD

1 minute ago, FaerieFate said:

I'm just going to avoid Hotbox. If you like it and njoy modding it, then I'm happy for both you nad hotBox. but I know my limits XD

:D 

4 minutes ago, daveb said:

Hot Box is not bad for you as a mod, Daveb, because everyone is afraid of you!   :lol:

Just now, Sally said:

Hot Box is not bad for you as a mod, Daveb, because everyone is afraid of you!   :lol:

:lol: I doubt that. :P 

firewallflower

Just another not-eligible-to-run-even-if-I-wanted-to popping in to wish anyone and everyone who wants to give it a shot:

c31829574660880c729ee9ba7a748ea3.jpg&f=1

user23974865
38 minutes ago, daveb said:

Yeah, I do look at it and post if I feel I can contribute (and try to avoid drama).

By the way, kudos to you Dave (and Rob too). I strongly disagree with you on certain things (and with Rob on certain other things, I suspect, just not as often), but, occasional dramas notwithstanding (none involving me so far), I don't see this affecting the overall quality of the moderation. Cordial disagreement is what makes things interesting and productive.

On another note, I don't know how much work is involved in either job, but if I'm still around by then, I might be willing to volunteer for a more technical position here. I have a good deal of formal and informal experience with computers, and these days I put it to use a lot less often than I'd like.

@Kimmie. :) I was prepared to vote for you, when I saw your post, but okay; I understand. Like @daveb said, you do help contribute by being a member.

^_^ The election would've been fine, even if no one had stepped up (because admods have mentioned they have a protocol in place, in case that happens), so you didn't need to feel pressured to put your name forward, at all.

Guest Scarlet Spider

Okay. So to my understanding there is only one potential member running in this election. 

Seems like a boring job that no one wants, if you ask me lol. 

What exactly is the role? Putting up new site comments and announcements, while answering member concerns and/or managing topics (merging, locking, ect). 

user23974865

Can mods switch to other vacant roles after they've been elected? Or do they need to go through a separate election?

If they can switch, then this role sounds like one that would work well as an "introduction" for someone who isn't particularly interested in it but is interested in being a member of the team in general.

12 minutes ago, Scarlet Spider said:

What exactly is the role? Putting up new site comments and announcements, while answering member concerns and/or managing topics (merging, locking, ect). 

The forum mod won't necessarily have to put up new announcements in their forums. They manage topics in their forums and also participate in admod discussions, which include discussions of what action to take on reported posts and policy discussions to improve the site.

6 minutes ago, burobu said:

Can mods switch to other vacant roles after they've been elected? Or do they need to go through a separate election?

Yes, they can switch between forums without going through another election.

scarletlatitude
10 hours ago, burobu said:

If they can switch, then this role sounds like one that would work well as an "introduction" for someone who isn't particularly interested in it but is interested in being a member of the team in general.

Yes. If there is a forum that comes open, mods can "shuffle" into a new forum without an election. New elections are only needed if they completely switch positions (like becoming an admin, or PT). 

BTW, everyone can see when a mod shuffles here: https://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/124945-admod-shuffling/

There are currently 3 TT members waiting and willing to help new mods and old mods alike. Feel free to message us if you have questions! @WünderBâhr @Goonie

Sage Raven Domino

@TheAP Thanks to you, @Lee 🌸, the other ex-staff and current staff for your service! ♥️

Do I take it right that another mod election is going to run from March 28 to April 14 to replace you (TheAP), and the forums for which it will run will be determined by shuffling after the current election ends, so its winner will get a chance to shuffle right away if a current mod agrees to swap?

1 hour ago, Sage Raven Domino said:

@TheAP Thanks to you, @Lee 🌸, the other ex-staff and current staff for your service! ♥️

Do I take it right that another mod election is going to run from March 28 to April 14 to replace you (TheAP), and the forums for which it will run will be determined by shuffling after the current election ends, so its winner will get a chance to shuffle right away if a current mod agrees to swap?

I'm not fully sure when the election to replace me will be. But it will be for the forums I modded, unless another mod shuffles. The winner of this election could shuffle into one of those forums or swap with another mod, if they wanted.

Yeah, I believe shuffling can happen at any time*, with mutual consent of the mods involved, or if a mod steps down and leaves a vacancy. :) 

*except, probably not in the middle of an election :) 

3 hours ago, Sage Raven Domino said:

Usually when a mod steps down they give all current mods some time to say they want to shuffle before having a new election. It all really just depends on everyone involved and the boards they mod. I, personally, don't agree with the idea of becoming mod just to shuffle out right away, but the boards I like generally have a high turn around rate, so I'm kinda lucky

9 hours ago, Sage Raven Domino said:

Awww, thanks! :D 🍰

Wait, did I miss something? Is @TheAP resigning as well? :( Or is that just when her VoC is due? I'm a little confused.

15 minutes ago, OptimisticPessimist said:

@Lee 🌸 AP has stepped down.

Noooooooooooooooo. 😭😭😭 I'm sad to see her go, but she needs to do what's best for her. :(

Okay, I've been trying to edit my comment, but it keeps giving me an error message. :huh:

I didn't even see that she'd been de-greenied. 😅 Sorry. My bad.

My coursework is taking up far more of my time than I ever thought possible - Environmental is FUN :)

Good luck to all who decide to run :) 

WünderBâhr
On 3/8/2019 at 9:42 PM, Scarlet Spider said:

Long-winded answer for ze questions:

Spoiler

Sort of. They aren't necessarily obligated to post announcements, as other staff can also do this, as well. The mod would help maintain those two forums (fora?) and make sure to address issues, questions or concerns whenever needed as part of their responsibilities.

The Site Comments forum is mainly a place where people can direct site-related topics, questions & /or concerns to staff , or staff doing the same to members (polls, questions, etc.).

Sidenote: This is NOT a place to report things directly--pls use the report function or PM if function unavailable)

Admods/other staff can help to answer and post within the forum, so the SC mod has assistance available, when needed. Sometimes, it can get heated/interesting with concern/site-related comment threads, but it also houses "how do I use X feature?" "I am having issues with X function not working," and other such discussions.

Additionally, the SC forum also hosts the Admod Archives subforum: Admod threads which have been made available to members to see what work/projects/reports (declassed, of course)/discussions the team has covered over the years. It's a bit of history over staff and board-wide things. These are generally locked and made read-only for archiving purposes. This doesn't require much more maintenance than absolutely necessary (thread moves, personal info redactions, etc.)

Tldr; I've previously called Announcements and Site Comments "the Info power couple" forums of the board. Even if you don't have a lot of forum/mod experience, this would still be a good opportunity to understand how to engage and connect with the community and manage general-but-varied forum business while learning the ropes. They're not the most glamorous forums, but they're pretty important and can be fun in their own way, sometimes, too. 

Hope that helps answer some questions. Sorry for the wall o' text. 😛

~BB/Bear/Bahr

P.S. Here are some threads you can view (which you can find, among others, in the Site Info Center forum) for more information about mod roles/responsibilities and expectations:

What a mod does -- updated

Mod and Admin roles

Staff Code of Conduct

On 3/9/2019 at 6:56 AM, FaerieFate said:

Oh, you should Join HotBox if that opens back up. Speaking of heated, the one board I will never ever mod ever. 

I was almost tempted last time to run for hot box, but was turned off by that it was also running for rels as well.

Member131995

So...I'd really like to run...but I want to do a good job too, I don't know if I'll be a good candidate, I know I've been here at least 8 months but I don't know if my posts make me eligible. I have no idea how to check that efficiently. I've never ran for anything before😅 it would be good experience and I've been trying to be more involved. I really love Aven and I know it's a safe space, I'm trying to keep remembering that and realizing that so many people here are supportive lovely people. So, my hat in the ring, I guess😅

Sage Raven Domino
1 hour ago, Niohmaye said:

I don't know if my posts make me eligible.

They do. A search for common words (I used the query 'the have did' - a search for either of these words) in the posts authored by you in the topics in the eligible forums (i.e., having ticked all the forums except JFF, Arcade and WL) gives over 100 results already. (Alas, I haven't figured out how to search posts in specific forums without search terms.)

Member131995
29 minutes ago, Sage Raven Domino said:

They do. A search for common words (I used the query 'the have did' - a search for either of these words) in the posts authored by you in the topics in the eligible forums (i.e., having ticked all the forums except JFF, Arcade and WL) gives over 100 results already. (Alas, I haven't figured out how to search posts in specific forums without search terms.)

Oh wow, I've just learned something new. I will have to utilize this function more frequently from now on. So I guess I am eligible. In this case, my hat is solidly in the ring.😊

7 hours ago, Una Salus Victus said:

I was almost tempted last time to run for hot box, but was turned off by that it was also running for rels as well.

I'm 90% sure all hotbox regulars would rejoice if you were hotbox mod because you'd be so incredibly lax.

But then again I don't know who the current hotbox mod is (are?) Seeing as how I don't frequent there, or even acknowledge its existence, so I don't even know if the current mod is chill or not. I mean,  hotbox has a history of incredibly chill mods.

firewallflower
15 minutes ago, FaerieFate said:

I'm 90% sure all hotbox regulars would rejoice if you were hotbox mod because you'd be so incredibly lax.

But then again I don't know who the current hotbox mod is (are?) Seeing as how I don't frequent there, or even acknowledge its existence, so I don't even know if the current mod is chill or not. I mean,  hotbox has a history of incredibly chill mods.

@daveb and (the latest addition) @Rob Boss are the current Hot Box co-mods. I don't much frequent HB either, but they seem pretty chill. :D

25 minutes ago, firewallflower said:

@daveb and (the latest addition) @Rob Boss are the current Hot Box co-mods. I don't much frequent HB either, but they seem pretty chill. :D

Huh. Yeah, I remember the names, but don't remember any opinions I had on them. They're probably good, I commend anyone who willingly mods hotbox.

SithAzathoth WinterDragon
1 hour ago, firewallflower said:

Both are good MODs and I know one from here and from other sites. To anyone who chooses to run good luck, may the odds be with you. 

@Una Salus Victus it'll be great to see you run again. 

Archived