New Moderator Needed: Site Comments and Announcements: Nominations

Kelly

Join the team!

If you think you would be interested in being the new Site Comments and Announcements Moderator, throw cookies, cakes, your hat, turnip, or whatever you have into the ring. Just be sure to make it clear that you wish to run.

Eligibility requirements include being a member for at least 6 months, and having at least 100 posts that are not in the Just for Fun or Welcome Lounge forums. You also cannot run with an active, current, warning.

Also, see the following for election rules:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/90514-rules-and-procedure-for-elections/

Voting will be by a vote of confidence. A bio is required to be PMed to me by voting time.

This is the timeline for this election:

Thursday, 7 March to Thursday, 14 March: Nominations.

Thursday, 14 March to Sunday, 17 March: Dedicated Q&A period.

Sunday, 17 March to Sunday, 24 March: Voting.

For people who are considering running, remember that there's a stellar Training Team and a very wise and supportive admod team to help you out. :)

After the latest mod drama i am even farther away from being a candidate sorry. 

I encourage anybody considering to run! This is a great team to work with, and I had a lot of fun during my time as a mod. :) If you're overwhelmed, they'll be there to answer any questions you may have, and calm your worries. (Trust me when I say that; I had a lot of them, lol.) :P

Infinita_Nox
4 hours ago, daveb said:

Join us! :) 

join-me.jpg

2 minutes ago, burobu said:

I wish I could but... nah, I'm lying. :P

You'll have to wait until August, and I'm sure you'll come around by then and totally want to run. :P

user23974865
Just now, Snao Cone said:

You'll have to wait until August, and I'm sure you'll come around by then and totally want to run. :P

Sure, the future is full of surprises and all, so, we'll go with that. ;)

Okay to be honest i am maybe a bit interested. If no one have stepped forward before monday i can maybe step up. 

*throws whole nomination thread into the ring* it'd be fun to be Site Comments mod. I'm assuming same election rules? 

22 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

After the latest mod drama i am even farther away from being a candidate sorry. 

Things on the list of what I've missed during my adventures off AVEN. Apparently a new mod drama. Interesting, but isn't there always a new mod drama? 

3 minutes ago, FaerieFate said:

*throws whole nomination thread into the ring* it'd be fun to be Site Comments mod. I'm assuming same election rules? 

So you are on then?

If that is the case i am out.

Just now, Kimmie. said:

So you are on then?

If that is the case i am out.

No, don't leave. :( You can run against me! Why leave? :(

1 minute ago, FaerieFate said:

No, don't leave. :( You can run against me! Why leave? :(

Because I have not really stepped up. I said that i will MAYBE step up on monday if no had before that. And because you have i have no reason to do it. I only thought of it so the election would not be a fail.

1 minute ago, Kimmie. said:

Because I have not really stepped up. I said that i will MAYBE step up on monday if no had before that. And because you have i have no reason to do it. I only thought of it so the election would not be a fail.

I'm pretty sure small election turnouts have been a problem for a while. This is even more true in elections for boards like Site Comments that require more attention and tend to get more heated. But, I've always loved Site Comments. Whenever I'm a mod I always like to poke around there, reply to people, and try to encourage other admods to as well. Also most of my policy ideas come from member suggestions in Site Comments. It might be fun and different than my usual board Q&A

1 minute ago, OptimisticPessimist said:

@Kimmie. You can still run for it even if someone else is.

you're still around. HI! Glad to see you're still in mods :)

2 minutes ago, OptimisticPessimist said:

@Kimmie. You can still run for it even if someone else is.

I don't really want to!!!! I just jumped so the election would not go empty. 

1 minute ago, FaerieFate said:

I'm pretty sure small election turnouts have been a problem for a while. This is even more true in elections for boards like Site Comments that require more attention and tend to get more heated. But, I've always loved Site Comments. Whenever I'm a mod I always like to poke around there, reply to people, and try to encourage other admods to as well. Also most of my policy ideas come from member suggestions in Site Comments. It might be fun and different than my usual board Q&A

Oh that is what site comments is! Then I really don't want to. The last drama was there. 

I just noticed I don't recognize the names in Q&A. :(  How many times has Q&A switched hands since I left?

user23974865
4 minutes ago, FaerieFate said:

boards like Site Comments that require more attention and tend to get more heated.

I confess that, after reading these words, I might be applying if I were eligible.

This will be my downfall someday. Curse you @Snao Cone and your devious suggestions! :lol:

1 minute ago, burobu said:

I confess that, after reading these words, I might be applying if I were eligible.

This will be my downfall someday. Curse you @Snao Cone and your devious suggestions! :lol:

Oh, you should Join HotBox if that opens back up. Speaking of heated, the one board I will never ever mod ever. 

user23974865
Just now, FaerieFate said:

Oh, you should Join HotBox if that opens back up. Speaking of heated, the one board I will never ever mod ever. 

It was the place I headed straight to as soon as I joined. 🙃

Site Comments can be quiet for weeks, but when it gets busy it usually gets heated. Keep in mind that this position is to moderate the threads; the responsibility to reply to member comments is held by all staff, so other staff will be on the lookout for potential problems anyway. The same can be said for Announcements, with the added factor that only staff can start threads here. 

I mixed up site comments with welcoming lounge somehow. 

4 minutes ago, Snao Cone said:

Site Comments can be quiet for weeks, but when it gets busy it usually gets heated. Keep in mind that this position is to moderate the threads; the responsibility to reply to member comments is held by all staff, so other staff will be on the lookout for potential problems anyway. The same can be said for Announcements, with the added factor that only staff can start threads here. 

Is there a rule saying all staff has to reply to members in Site Comments now? I know I vouched for it a lot, but nothing ever came of that...

Just now, FaerieFate said:

Is there a rule saying all staff has to reply to members in Site Comments now? I know I vouched for it a lot, but nothing ever came of that...

No, not a rule, but I know many admods try to keep on top of it. 

The reason to why i "stepped"  was because I had and still have bad conscience for not contributing to the sites workings.

Good luck with the election! Anyone else who may be interested, I encourage them to run (don't have to, of course). I had enjoyed modding SC when I did, I'm not as active as I once was and I literally have no knowledge whatsoever of the latest drama. It can get stressful sometimes, but over time you may come to learn how to appropriately handle it, especially with the help of the training team and the other admods.

Archived