Personal style?

I've  been told my style is "grandpa" because in the summer I wear a solid colored T-shirt, jean shorts, and my favorite slip on deck shoes and long socks usually hit and pulled up to mid-calf. Somehow that's grandpa? I don't know. I fell in love with long socks with shorts when I was a younger man and saw some Mexican exchange students at school do it. They played soccer and were used to doing it when they wore shin guards so I said why not? They thought it was cool that a white hillbilly thought their style was cool.

abandoned-account
2 hours ago, Infinita_Nox said:

Something like Chris Motionless does?

tumblr_oo5qqxgOGb1qfykp5o1_1280.jpg

ooooh :0

Yeah, maybe something like that. I don't think I'll ever go much out on maintenance (with body piercings, hair, makeup, etc.), I'm kinda questioning if I even want to bother with hair dye atm (I think black with a grey streak would be cool, but my hair naturally is brown with natural blonde highlights which I like too). Maybe my (ideal) style could be described as "casual-classy-geek-goth"? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6 minutes ago, Vee. said:

ooooh :0

Yeah, maybe something like that. I don't think I'll ever go much out on maintenance (with body piercings, hair, makeup, etc.), I'm kinda questioning if I even want to bother with hair dye atm (I think black with a grey streak would be cool, but my hair naturally is brown with natural blonde highlights which I like too). Maybe my (ideal) style could be described as "casual-classy-geek-goth"? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The first person I thought of when reading this was William Control. He's more classy, less goth.

5019158baad8b9b800b43ef630205be9--charac

I would call the way I dress tech company uniform. It came about because I'd rather be wearing menswear but I don't want to get evicted. 

I forgot to mention in my first post I do have a thing for floral prints.

Copper (II) Sulphate

I'd describe myself as a soft punk in terms of fashion. There's a lot I like about goth/emo/punk/alternative fashion but there's also a lot I don't like. I also just like to be warm. On a cool day (the average UK weather) I'd wear a jumper and black skinnies with a black pleather (I hate the smell of real leather) biker jacket and black ankle boots, like I did today. I actually have a lot of jumpers and sweatshirts. Or I'd wear a t-shirt and an oversized cardigan. In summer I'd wear jeans again and a t-shirt or vest. It has to be really hot for me to wear shorts.

Most of my clothes are black, with a few grey, khaki green, white and red pieces. I like to dye my hair, and a black wardrobe means I don't worry so much about clashing colours. Or looking too matchy-matchy. I also like to wear make-up, but I'm not very adventurous. On my days off I might wear eyeshadow, but for the most part I've been rocking the same winged eyeliner look since I was 14.

As a kid I always admired the goth girl characters and I tried that hat in high school but it didn't quite fit. I went through a phase from 17-18 where I was wearing blue jeans and overall had more colourful clothes but, looking back, I realise it was because I was depressed and didn't really care. I do like 'normal' clothes, just on other people.

Shiloh_Rose

Comfort over everything; pretty much always leggings now. Earthy-ish colors? I don't like very bright colors/patterns; although if it fits well and its comfortable, that might negate the 'it's very bright'. : p
I really like leggings paired with a sort of... fittingish shirt-dress type top, so it covers my butt and goes down to my knees. Around the house the length of top can be a bit shorter, but not too much otherwise I know my dad would point it out, probably.

Basically it just evolved into 'what is comfortable and not complicated' I suppose; because of system things, its very important that what I wear be very comfortable/not super tight, and not exacerbate my anxiety and other stuff.

Usually neutral colours - black, white and grey, mostly. Maybe other colours such as blue sometimes, but mostly black, white and grey. I prefer simpler patterns and stuff too. Busy patterns and neon, oversaturated colours are a no-go for me - they hurt my eyes and I just don't like them. I only wear modest and comfy clothes because I am ace and I don't feel comfortable in revealing stuff as I am ace - I don't want to attract that sort of attention. Also, clothes with weird seams and frills or whatever annoy me and put me in a grumpy mood.

I open the closet and wear whatever falls out.

PolgaraTheSorceress

usually skater-y (I'm a hoe for vans) but if I'm feeling fancy.... grunge / seventies style

On 3/5/2019 at 7:58 PM, Vee. said:

I'm thinking about going for a more "classy" style in the future? Like maybe with collared shirts and black eyeshadow. I think it would be neat if somehow I can pull off this mix of classy and goth/punk. 

I've been thinking about going into the same direction, style-wise. 

Years ago I saw this woman who looked just stunning with her dark eyeshadow and her elegant, androgynous clothes. I wanted to copy her style so badly, and yet ... I know that I'll probably not really feel like *me* if I actually go through with it.

Maybe I'll go for a "light version". But finding out what really suits me best is miles better than copying others, anyway. I just keep my eyes open for sources of inspiration.

Grumpy Alien

@mjo evicted??

examples of my style:

f277773acafc32668f045fd058147083.jpg

I have that exact bag and those Dr Martens in black

fd3cbbfc5d6758ab8a3bdbc505f4ce36.jpg

9e8b1f30c9649dfb6f4c6dc749b6823d.jpg

I like scarves, oversized tees, tunics, and oversized cardigans or sweaters with leggings or skinny jeans and boots

c2bb882e33dc88d7c00a5b705c475e31.jpg

My favorite coat is my Burberry trench

Chinos, sweaters, ankle boots.  Classic style, but more relaxed than preppy.  I relate to hobbits so I wear a lot of earthy tones.  :)  It took me a LONG time to find my personal style, and it was one of those things where once I stopped trying so hard, it came together. 

Perhaps if I liked my body I would put more effort into my style, but as it is I mostly go for comfort, knowing that what I wear does not flatter my body shape. 😅 Mostly dark colors until hot weather—when it's hot I switch to lighter colored shirts. I basically wear t-shirts and shorts year round, no matter if it's raining or below 50. My footwear will depend on what I'm doing that day and the weather. Tims or Adidas for rainy days, sandals or running shoes if it's a regular ol' day, and Converse if I'll be having hip hop that day.

Maybe one day I shall employ my sense of fashion on myself instead of my Sims. 😂

For me it's hard to tell.  I have a lot of lazy days and just wear whatever I get first that is comfortable.  But on days that I do give the effort to look decent, I tend to pick something with black, grey, white or brown.  I also like wearing bling with silver and rarely ever wear gold.  If I do it's rosegold.

I'm not a huge fan of dresses and skirts, but I do wear them for special occassions.

I guess my style is more casual than anything.

Infinita_Nox

Actual picture of my style 

d7174e9d55c040429203b0e46bbc91b1.jpg

Darth Tribble

I have no style, I dress for comfort.

Well, khaki pants and polo shirts used to be my daily attire because I find it convenient as it is acceptable in most settings and social situations and I don’t have to change into something else. Not so much anymore as I know wear jeans/shorts and a T-shirt.

I might be shy and cautious about making friends because I have been hurt many times by classmates in the past. 

Fun!

Copper (II) Sulphate
On 3/13/2019 at 5:53 PM, MiseryTriumphant said:

I noticed a lot of you said you tried goth style at some point. I did too, but I gave it up. I think goth is more of an attitude anyway!😁

I think because 'stylish' goth looks are quite a lot of effort and maintenance*? Which isn't practical for a lot of people.

I work in a supermarket cafe- white make-up and raccoon eyes won't look good after unloading the dishwasher once or twice, and it won't do my skin any favours either. Not that i'd have the time to do make-up like that everyday. And there's no point styling my hair to put a hairnet on top.

Also, a lot of alternative clothing retailers are online -and the nice items aren't cheap! I don't have the money or the time to order multiple sizes and then return what doesn't fit. I'll just stick to New Look and H&M, since I can walk into those shops, try stuff on, and it's cheap enough.

*of course, you can still be goth in jeans and a sweatshirt and bare face. Goth is in the soul 😜

It is interesting that so many of us did try it though. Or at least want to. Wonder why?

I don't know if what I wear could be considered a specific style, but I solidified it in high school. My typical daily outfit when I'm not at work is jeans or adidas sweatpants with a T-shirt (plain color or graphic) and pullover. Becasue I hate female cut clothes, most of my t-shirts are unisex and my pullovers come from the men's section at a sporting goods store. And I basically only wear tennis shoes on my feet. I dress for comfort and warmth. 

My work clothes are just scrubs. 

mine is pretty much tshirt and jeans or comfy pants. mostly a hodge podge mix and match thing. don't really care about specific styles. I dress more for comfort

skymessenger

I'm very lax but I have two major points

1.  My glasses are black rectangular frames

2.  I always wear blue.  Whether its a tiny bit or everything, it's blue.

First one is because I look great in those frames.  The blue is because I feel comfortable in it.  I get less anxious and jittery if I'm wearing blue.  

And I suppose a third one is that there's black cat hair on me. 

Usually black and white striped/checkered patterns clothing. I like over-sized crew neck shirts the most, especially if they're white - but I also wear sweatshirts ( mostly my mustard yellow one or army-patterned ones ) with black jeans. Sweaters are also a guilty pleasure of mine.

Sometimes I wear calf socks that are rainbow or with cactuses on them with converse but overall my style is a bit all over the place. It usually has some kind of hip-hop look to it that a few people have complimented me on.

Siimo van der fietspad

Androgynous athletic. Leggings or skinny jeans, tees with something cycling related or in solid un-masculine colours, and either my favourite vintage adidas track top or indigo running jacket.

Archived