Are Heteroromantic Grey Sexuals LGBTQ+

Sweet Potato

are Heteroromantic Grey-sexuals LGBTQIA+?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. what are your thoughts on heteroromantic grey sexuals, do they have a place in LGBTQ+ communities or is grey to close to straight to count.

• Grey sexual is not straight,therefore het grey people have a place on LGBTQ+
    • Grey is sexual lite, so het grey people have no place in LGBTQ+
    • I have no opinion
  2. 2. are you grey sexual?

• yes
    • no

This poll is closed to new votes

Sweet Potato

I have seen lots of debate on Asexual inclusion in LGBTQ+ and the general consensus seems to be that asexual people have a place if they want it. but what are your thoughts on grey sexuals?

Grumpy Alien

I view grey sexual as the same as sexual. If they’re straight, I’d consider it identical to heterosexual.

Sage Raven Domino

How are LGBTQ+ organizations going to test entrants for 'complete' asexuality? That would raise a new wave of the definition debate.

No opinion about it. Personally, I could fall for some people's definition of grey-sexuality and sexual since I was sexual before 9 years ago, and I wouldn't fit many people's definition of asexual, but current state of things doesn't make me fit sexual quite either to many people. I personally do not ID as LGBTQ myself.

• 2 months later...
QueenOfTheRats

For sure we are LGBTQA..I'm a woman who is a hetroromantic grey sexual, and I am dating a trans men. The things I get off to are theoretical kinks unrelated to my partner's  sex or gender.

Technically they're not 100% straight so maybe?

Since the LGBT community is supposed to be about inclusiveness I'd say include them.

Grumpy Alien

I don’t believe in spectrum asexuality so I can’t really vote. In my opinion, hetero grey is simply heterosexual so no it’s not LGBT+.

• 3 months later...

I'm demisexual.  I'm queer in a number of ways.  I generally include demisexual as one of those.  But if that was the only thing?  I dunno if I'd ID as queer...

On 5/15/2019 at 6:47 PM, Kimchi Peanut said:

In my opinion, hetero grey is simply heterosexual so no it’s not LGBT+.

I second that.

• 6 months later...

@Sweet Potato

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived