Anyone tried Wish?

McKayla

I just got a tax refund and the first thing I'm going to do is buy pearl oysters off of wish.... because I'm crazy.

I have a lot of more important adult things to buy but for $3 an oyster I just can't refuse, so I'll get to the adult purchases later.

I've seen a lot of those youtube videos about wish, and I know it seems like a shady website and everything is suspiciously cheap and most of the time you get what you pay for, or you end up with something completely different. I'm only going to buy 2 oysters to test the waters (pun intended) and I don't expect much, I mean they're just oysters what could possibly go wrong... Buying pear oysters is already a gamble, who knows what's going to be in there. 

I really just wanted to find something cheap on wish and see how it goes for myself because I'm just so curious, this might not go well, and I may never use wish again but I'd like to hear if anyone else has ordered anything from wish.

I feel like I said wish too many times.

QuantumEcho

It is a shady website if its to good to be true it is. Do not trust the website. 

ZinxtheJinx

I use Wish all the time, its safe as long as you know what you are doing and not giving out your credit.

I am also interested in using wish but am very skeptical.

59 minutes ago, ZinxtheJinx said:

I use Wish all the time, its safe as long as you know what you are doing and not giving out your credit.

any advice on what to watch out for or anything along those lines?

I have tried Wish. It's about what you'd expect. I've ordered some wigs off of it for Halloween and they are most certainly Halloween quality wigs.

In fact, I would compare just about everything I've ordered on Wish to be "Halloween quality." You know when you walk into Spirit Halloween and everything is made out of cheap faux velvets and thin "leather" and everything has a plastic chemical smell? That's Wish.

28 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

I have tried Wish. It's about what you'd expect. I've ordered some wigs off of it for Halloween and they are most certainly Halloween quality wigs.

In fact, I would compare just about everything I've ordered on Wish to be "Halloween quality." You know when you walk into Spirit Halloween and everything is made out of cheap faux velvets and thin "leather" and everything has a plastic chemical smell? That's Wish.

Ah yes, I have heard lots about the "wish" smell...

I don't know about a plastic smell with the oysters (we'll see) but I did see a review on them about a very chemical-y smell, I'm assuming it's how they keep the meat from decomposing while it ships, can't wait for that...

Wish is okay. Don't buy electronics and if you order clothes order a size larger than you normally buy.

I've had both good and bad experiences with wish. But the bad experience only left me $1 poorer, so I'm not too tore up about it. It's fine, imo, if you just want little trinkets.

It depends what you're buying - things like socks and random trinkets seem to be fine (though they have a habit of using pictures that make you think you'll be getting a set of something when in fact you only get one).

I'd give the clothes a miss entirely though - they're pretty poor quality and the sizes are all out of whack, like I ended up having to get a couple of things in a 7XL when I'm usually an L to XL in regular shops, and sleeves end up being way shorter than they should be, that sort of thing. 

I have yet to hear anything positive about it.

I bought a ring on Wish a while back and it's awesome. Correct size, right engraving, and it doesn't turn my finger green like most cheap jewelry does.

The only bad thing I've really heard is that some people have had problems with Wish charging their card more after they've bought things. Just to be safe, I would suggest paying with a PayPal account instead of with debit/credit card.

• 3 weeks later...
J. van Deijck

I buy a lot from there. so far everything I purchased was exactly what I was ordering. just beware while ordering clothes, some turned out to be too small, even though I ordered a size up. some fit perfectly, though.

but I prefer Aliexpress, tbh. that's because they mostly ship your orders for free, unlike Wish.

J. van Deijck
On 3/4/2019 at 11:15 PM, sea-lemon said:

I ended up having to get a couple of things in a 7XL when I'm usually an L to XL in regular shops

this! that's exactly what happens to me sometimes when I buy there.

I'm not gonna talk about sleeves, though, since most of the sleeves are too short for me even in my correct size 😂

Member131995

Wish is fine but like previous people have already said, don't buy electronics and buy clothes a size smaller than your actual because everything is so darn big.

I've used Wish a lot but only for jewelry. In my experience, it's hit or miss. The good news is that it's very inexpensive, the jewelry so I've purchased some stuff that turned out to be duds but I only paid like $1, so not crying too much. For jewelry, though, honestly, I'd say Wish is great. I'm easy on my jewelry so even for $1 it lasts a long time.

J. van Deijck
10 hours ago, Niohmaye said:

buy clothes a size smaller than your actual because everything is so darn big.

for me it was exactly the opposite.

Member131995
11 minutes ago, [noize:injekktion] said:

for me it was exactly the opposite.

Oh yeah I only bought short sleeve stuff, I guess I'm not able to say much about sleeve fit. I kind of avoid buying clothes on Wish anyway😅

Archived