Is it the same?

YXSHINN

Today I came across something quite interesting. I was reading a blog, the person was talking about how she is questioning her sexuality and all that, and then she mentioned that "being open to dating or engaging in romantic activities with a certain gender doesn't equal being attracted to them."

And I thought that was an absolute dealbreaker, because if that is so, then I might be aromantic after all.

I've been contemplating whether or not I was biromantic because of the fact that I said that I was open to dating girls.

Most people I've talked about it online suspect I'm in fact aromantic, but still some people think I might be demi-biromantic because they think I "haven't met the one yet" and haven't really "had a emotional connection with someone."

But my question was if you guys agree.

Does being open to dating a certain gender equal actual romantic attraction?

I'm curious of what you guys think.

Thanks in advance~

It's an interesting question!
I had never thought about it before but now that you say it... i guess it isn't the same, just like being open to have sex with someone doesn't equal being sexually attracted to that person. And I suppose that there is also some people who feel romantic attraction but aren't open to relationships (even if it is only for a certain period of time in their life).

But anyway, I'm not sure... After all, I've never experienced romantic attraction nor seriously considered dating someone, although I daydream a lot about it (only as a way to amuse myself, I wouldn't really date anyone. At least not anyone I've met so far, who knows who I'll meet in the future...)

11 minutes ago, Carxofa said:

But anyway, I'm not sure... After all, I've never experienced romantic attraction nor seriously considered dating someone, although I daydream a lot about it (only as a way to amuse myself, I wouldn't really date anyone.

I have the exact same thing. The things I imagine in my head seem way better as opposed to real life. In real life I'm not attracted to anyone. I'm just waiting for something to come, but I don't know if it ever will.

That's why when I stumbled upon this, it really got me thinking about my whole situation twice.

Archived