Can anyone be Asexual and lesbian at the same time??

darksecret98

darksecret98

Can anyone be asexual and lesbian at the same time? Im confused of my sexuality even tho i fully know that im an asexual , but im not sure if i cud be just an asexual or asexual lesbian??? Help

Yes, it's called being a homoromantic asexual. Though lesbian asexual works to. 

Yes,you can be homoromantic.It is the same as being a homosexual,but the romantic orientation of it.

NickyTannock

Welcome to AVEN!

You could be a Homoromantic Asexual.

Asexuality is a lack of Sexual Attraction, which we define as leading to the desire to have sex with someone.
But there are other types of attraction besides Sexual Attraction.
There's Romantic Attraction, which we define as leading to the desire to have a romantic relationship with someone.
There's Sensual Attraction, which we define as leading to the desire to have intimate non-sexual physical contact with someone, like kissing or cuddling.
There's Aesthetic Attraction, which we define as leading to the desire to appreciate someone's aesthetic beauty.
There's Platonic Attraction, which we define as leading to the desire to have a deep friendship with someone.
And more.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, 

ZWughhv.jpg

definitely! i am an “asexual lesbian”, although i use homoromantic asexual. to be an asexual lesbian, you just have to not experience sexual attraction to anyone but experience romantic to exclusively girls. 

Yes. It’s possible to not be sexually attracted to a woman and still be romantically attracted to woman. It’s more of an emotional thing. 

The Incarnation Of Boredom
On 3/4/2019 at 7:43 AM, darksecret98 said:

Can anyone be asexual and lesbian at the same time? Im confused of my sexuality even tho i fully know that im an asexual , but im not sure if i cud be just an asexual or asexual lesbian??? Help

I'm sure you've already gotten enough answers to this question but I'll say it again: as long as it isn't sexual attraction, then yes you can be ace and any other orientation. I'm personally Heteroromantic ace, so I completely understand the confusion! Romantic feelings and sexual feelings are usually lumped together by most people, and a lot of people have difficulty distinguishing between the two (especially if you don't know you're ace yet.) It took me a while to realize I wasn't just getting normal crushes, but rather I was ace getting romantic crushes.

• 2 weeks later...
darksecret98
On 3/4/2019 at 4:17 PM, MichaelTannock said:

Welcome to AVEN!

You could be a Homoromantic Asexual.

Asexuality is a lack of Sexual Attraction, which we define as leading to the desire to have sex with someone.
But there are other types of attraction besides Sexual Attraction.
There's Romantic Attraction, which we define as leading to the desire to have a romantic relationship with someone.
There's Sensual Attraction, which we define as leading to the desire to have intimate non-sexual physical contact with someone, like kissing or cuddling.
There's Aesthetic Attraction, which we define as leading to the desire to appreciate someone's aesthetic beauty.
There's Platonic Attraction, which we define as leading to the desire to have a deep friendship with someone.
And more.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, 

ZWughhv.jpg

Thank u even tho im on a diet i think ill eat all of it 🧁🎂🍰

darksecret98
On 3/5/2019 at 2:56 AM, Rein said:

Yes. It’s possible to not be sexually attracted to a woman and still be romantically attracted to woman. It’s more of an emotional thing. 

I dont feel sexually attracted to either genders , this even confuses me, i  am however asthetically attracted to both genders and I have had emotional feelings for a female before .. 

darksecret98
On 3/7/2019 at 11:29 PM, Rebecca Benner said:

I'm sure you've already gotten enough answers to this question but I'll say it again: as long as it isn't sexual attraction, then yes you can be ace and any other orientation. I'm personally Heteroromantic ace, so I completely understand the confusion! Romantic feelings and sexual feelings are usually lumped together by most people, and a lot of people have difficulty distinguishing between the two (especially if you don't know you're ace yet.) It took me a while to realize I wasn't just getting normal crushes, but rather I was ace getting romantic crushes.

I understand its very confusing for me as well and what really pisses me off is when ppl ask what sexual orientation i am it really gets to me its like i have to explain the whole damn process to them and they find it weird . Yes i understand , and i dont get sexual feelings for girls however i  find them asthetically pleasing and emotionally aswell thats just about it.

darksecret98
On 3/4/2019 at 5:53 PM, catra said:

definitely! i am an “asexual lesbian”, although i use homoromantic asexual. to be an asexual lesbian, you just have to not experience sexual attraction to anyone but experience romantic to exclusively girls. 

This is exactly what i feel 

darksecret98
On 3/4/2019 at 3:56 PM, CBC said:

You can be asexual and have any romantic orientation, yeah. If you know you're ace though, you need to tell anyone you become involved with, as most people anticipate that mutual sexual desire will exist.

This is why im single and will remain single becos i am sex repulsed always have been and always will be , ive just had enough of societal pressure and peer pressure too im only 20 yet i get so much judgments and controlling behaviour from ppl , (usually straight ppl) 

darksecret98
On 3/4/2019 at 3:53 PM, Evren said:

Yes, it's called being a homoromantic asexual. Though lesbian asexual works to. 

That is abit of a mouthful tbh i like to keep things short 

Archived