Telecaster68

Sexuals: what do you think of when you hear the word 'sex'?

41 members have voted

1. 1. Per thread title, and as a kind of response to CBC's poll aimed at asexuals.

• Yes please. Where, please? I'll boff anything willing.
    • An intimate way a couple can interact and strengthen their relationship like nothing else
    • A fun add-on in a relationship, but interchangeable with many other shared activities
    • No view, I just want to click on something so I can see poll results.

anisotrophic

I think ... what I actually think falls into an "other" category.

Inadequacy, rejection, failure.

I know, "it's wasn't me" but I'm still working on absorbing that understanding.

• Like 1

CBC
3 minutes ago, anisotropic said:

I think ... what I actually think falls into an "other" category.

Inadequacy, rejection, failure.

I know, "it's wasn't me" but I'm still working on absorbing that understanding.

It's really difficult to rework how we think about things sometimes for sure; give yourself time. My own instinctive idea of what "sex" means has gone through several evolutions. Sometimes being on AVEN doesn't help, either...

• Like 1

anamikanon

Actually, when I hear the word sex, I usually expect a good DISCUSSION coming up. Actual sex situations have rarely been triggered by that word. Sad summary of my life perhaps. Your mileage may vary.

If there is a place where I've used the word SEX the most, it is this forum. And after that... Twitter. Not very auspicious, if you think of it.

Now if you'd asked what I first think when I hear the words "where are the condoms?"....

Sage Raven Domino

I hesitated on which of the 2 polls to vote but ended up voting for option 2 on this one. It resonated a lot with my own understanding, in particular, because full body access requires a lot of trust, and every act where the partner is considerate strengthens the trust. Accordingly, I abstain from CBC's poll.

CBC
38 minutes ago, anamikanon said:

If there is a place where I've used the word SEX the most, it is this forum. 

Haha yeah, no shit. My phone's predictive text likes to suggest all sorts of sexual terms to me. Cracks me up because it's mostly due to AVEN. Mostly... not exclusively. :ph34r: 

xstatic ☆゚°˖* ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I really don't know what to answer, because I identify with both the first and second.  Though, not just anybody.  That's a bit much.  But the second option is saved for my partner.  However sometimes I want to go get wasted and have sexy time with the ladies.  My inner lesbian is a bit of a whore.  😂

I suppose I'll go with option two as that's my most common state of mind.

• Like 1

CBC
3 minutes ago, xstatic said:

However sometimes I want to go get wasted and have sexy time with the ladies.  My inner lesbian is a bit of a whore.  😂

Haha yeah, my inner whatever is occasionally a bit of a whore, gender fairly irrelevant. It's not what works for me in actuality so I don't follow through. But I have my moments. Sometimes in some realm, some corner or my mind, I'm having great random sex... in reality, I'm sat on my arse at home alone, drinking coffee and doing a crossword puzzle. 😂

• Like 2

Skullery Maid

When I hear the word sex devoid of context, at this point I usually think of overly sexual advertising. 

KrysLost

I am the dog and sex is the squirrel. 

Usernamethe2nd

Kinda just zone out lol.

Telecaster68

NB Thread tit:le:

Custard Cream

In defence of @Usernamethe2nd, and given this is an asexual site,  I would like to point out that

a) that was really rude, and

b) contradicting the statement made on the previous page, when I asked if asexuals could be involved in this thread.

It would be nice if you could treat asexuals with a little respect as this is, after all, an asexual site. 

On 3/3/2019 at 11:40 AM, Telecaster68 said:

You could use the fourth option and then post an opinion.

Usernamethe2nd

@Telecaster68 Oops I'm sorry I just kinda skimmed through and didn't see the sexual part. @CustardCream Thank you for being fair and your defence! :D! I did pick the forth option too if that helps. When someone talks about sex I don't really tune in. And when someone asked me that they want to have sex my initial inadvertent reaction is disgust. I can picture option 2 just that it doesn't pertain to me as far as I know. I think it can help people become closer in that it removes some general awkwardness and anxiety. I've noticed this in myself.

• Like 1

iff

Please note that there was this thread in Questions About Asexuals which this thread was in response to

anisotrophic

Is "nota bene" ruder than "please note" or am I missing something in the exchange here?

...intra-individual consistency can be an issue with survey research, but my response remains the same. I think I might not want to have sex for a while.

• Like 1

Guest Jetsun Milarepa
6 hours ago, CustardCream said:

In defence of @Usernamethe2nd, and given this is an asexual site,  I would like to point out that

a) that was really rude, and

b) contradicting the statement made on the previous page, when I asked if asexuals could be involved in this thread.

It would be nice if you could treat asexuals with a little respect as this is, after all, an asexual site. 

This.

CBC

Oh godddd. Really? This is the first thing I see when I wake up and check AVEN? Christ.

iff

please stay on the topic of the thread.

Thanks,

Iff,

Moderator, sexual partners, friends & allies

• Like 1

anisotrophic

I think the poll should just close, if reminding people that the question was posed to sexuals is upsetting/rude/disrespectful. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 4

CBC

I don't really get the need to be included in all polls. Ffs, I pretty much always ask if sexuals are allowed to vote even in random shit in the census forum like what operating system we use on our computers or if we like pineapple on our pizza. I always work on the assumption that they want statistics from asexuals, more so than forum membership in general. And so I ask and often the OP says it's ok to vote and then I do. But anything that says it's just for asexuals... like, that's fine. I don't have such a strong compulsion to click buttons on a forum poll that I absolutely must vote.

Fallen Unicorn

When I think of the word "sex," I think of life, love, and sort of seeing everything in color. I suppose the diverse variety of erotica I've read and written has contributed to this opinion. I broke up with someone who came out as asexual (during the relationship) and was uncomfortable with anything sexual. Although I still love her, I couldn't sacrifice what was such a vital part of me.

• Like 1

AshenPhoenix

Personally, I just vote unless it's got "fellow aces" or "Asexuals," at the beginning. But, apologies! We're supposed to be on the topic!

Closest I voted here was the second option, an ability to strengthen intimacy. Really, that's not how I feel, I don't think sex needs to be just in a relationship or always has to be such a deep thing, within a relationship certainly I view sex as a very emotional, intimate thing. But outside of one? I'm not boinking anything that moves, or even wanting to, but I definitely have a versatile view on it depending on the time of day, who catches my eye, and why, So, not as laissez-faire as the first option, not as committed or narrow in scope as the second, and not as unceremonious as the third.

Ash Grey

I honestly cringe a little, bc I don't personally feel sexual attraction and I don't understand the appeal

CBC
8 hours ago, Ash Grey said:

I honestly cringe a little, bc I don't personally feel sexual attraction and I don't understand the appeal

Note the title of this thread...

• Like 2

uhtred

I see sex as as integrated in a relationship as romance,  kisses, watching sunsets, and complaining about ones day at work.   Its not the *most* essential thing, but it is a link in a chain and without it the relationship is missing something vital. 

• Like 1

ryn2

Every time someone bumps this up I’m reminded that - before I opened it the first time - I expected it to be a poll/discussion on what comprises sex.

I suppose that’s consistent with missing the emotional point.  :)

anisotrophic

So, like... I do see sexuals come in posting about their "physical needs". (And obviously it's not just physical, yadda yadda.)

I mean, I don't think *I* had a solid grasp of this until recognizing my partner didn't have sexual desire.

The whole subject is just impossible to talk about in everyday conversation. Which is probably why I like hanging out on AVEN, because now I think it's fascinating!

Why do people want sex? Why do I want sex? These days I'm probably having so much fun with the introspection that I'm pretty chill about not pursuing the activity itself.

• Like 3

CBC
8 hours ago, anisotrophic said:

These days I'm probably having so much fun with the introspection that I'm pretty chill about not pursuing the activity itself.

Hrmm, I think I have the opposite problem. Introspection probably makes me more antsy haha.

• Like 2

someonejustme

Something really yummy, but you eat it with a different part of your body.

(Of course, there are a lot of things that determine whether you'll really find it yummy. Tweak the context just a bit and it's orange juice toothpaste. I guess the main condition for me is that the eating has to happen together with someone I'm in love with or falling in love with. But the yummy goodness is the first image that the word evokes.)