Having Feelings for an asexual aromantic?

Naiwen

First off, romance doesn’t exist for me at all whatsoever. I’m completely apathetic to it and don’t care about others because I’m an asocial offline too. I’ve 0 interest in socializing and thence see it as completely pointless. Seeing sexual or romantic flattery as bothersome to my life. Could care less about what you look like or if anyone has feelings for me at all. And in fact, another male ex-friend I had to block from my life because I couldn’t handle his confession to me. My question is: as an asexual aromantic, how do you cope with others having feelings for you?

Thankfully i do not have to put up with anyone liking me anymore.

But my attitude for when they did, was that they are better of finding a real male, a sort of male, that what females probably think males are. That was always my attitude.

If you know, your not really what people assume people are. I always felt people would be better of with someone else.

13 minutes ago, andreas1033 said:

Thankfully i do not have to put up with anyone liking me anymore.

But my attitude for when they did, was that they are better of finding a real male, a sort of male, that what females probably think males are. That was always my attitude.

If you know, your not really what people assume people are. I always felt people would be better of with someone else.

How do you put that in words? He’s asking why I have blocked him from Facebook with texting. Romance is too overwhelming for me to handle!

30 minutes ago, Naiwen said:

as an asexual aromantic, how do you cope with others having feelings for you?

I know i'm asexual but not 100% confirmed on being aromantic, but i'll give it my best shot.

Right now i'm having to deal with a guy who has confessed to me and is the first ever guy to do so. I'm finding it very stressful and just having to talk to him in person makes me nervous because i don't want to hurt his feelings, but at the same time i want to do whats in my best interest. How i'm dealing with it is by giving myself some alone time away from him just to clear my head, because i know if i rush things then i'll probably feel worse than before. Albeit i'm an impatient person, i understand that this is what's necessary to help me, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating. 

17 minutes ago, Naiwen said:

He’s asking why I have blocked him from Facebook with texting. Romance is too overwhelming for me to handle!

I know right, romance is stressful! But anyway, i'm not the best at giving advice but maybe you should be honest with him and tell him that this is all too stressful for you. Explain to him your sexual orientation if you haven't already so that he can understand why your feeling this way and hope that he takes it well. I wish you the best of luck in this! 

3 minutes ago, Pringles said:

I know i'm asexual but not 100% confirmed on being aromantic, but i'll give it my best shot.

Right now i'm having to deal with a guy who has confessed to me and is the first ever guy to do so. I'm finding it very stressful and just having to talk to him in person makes me nervous because i don't want to hurt his feelings, but at the same time i want to do whats in my best interest. How i'm dealing with it is by giving myself some alone time away from him just to clear my head, because i know if i rush things then i'll probably feel worse than before. Albeit i'm an impatient person, i understand that this is what's necessary to help me, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating. 

I know right, romance is stressful! But anyway, i'm not the best at giving advice but maybe you should be honest with him and tell him that this is all too stressful for you. Explain to him your sexual orientation if you haven't already so that he can understand why your feeling this way and hope that he takes it well. I wish you the best of luck in this! 

Thank you everyone for your advice!

Archived