Transgender-themed Meetup in Salt Lake City

Biblioromantic

Biblioromantic

Hi, friends!

So, if you're in Utah, you might have heard about the group I help organize called Utah Asexuals. We're a group serving the ace and aro communities of Utah, and we mostly focus our efforts on providing social events for aces and aros to meet each other and form friendships. Our group is pretty large, actually. We just hit 300 members in Meetup yesterday, which is kind of blowing our minds. We had no idea there were so many folks on the asexual and aromantic spectrum that would be interested in joining our little group when we organized it less than a year ago, but we're thrilled to have everyone that's joined us so far, and we're looking to continue our visibility efforts as we keep on growing in the coming months and years.

One of the events we hold every month is a Meet and Greet coupled with a group discussion on a topic related in some way to asexuality. In March, our group discussion will be centered on understanding and supporting the transgender community. Our group has several members who identify as trans or nonbinary, and we wanted to have a way to educate ourselves and our group members on gender issues and to help us better understand and support our trans members and their community.

If you live within driving distance of SLC and identify as nonbinary or trans, we would *love* to have you join us for the Meet and Greet that day. We'd love to have you share your knowledge and experiences with us, and we want to meet and support you in any way we can.

The event will be held on Sunday, March 10th from 1pm to 3pm at Raw Bean Coffee on W Temple in Salt Lake City. This is a new location for us, as we've grown out of the coffee shop we've met at in previous months, so please keep that in mind. Carpool options are available that day for those in Weber, Davis, and Salt Lake counties.

For more details about the event or to RSVP, please see the event listing on Meetup: https://www.meetup.com/SLC-Aces/events/256950235/

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me as well. I'd be happy to help.

Archived