being aroflux

fiver

to all you arofluxes out there: what's it like being aroflux? for those of you who flux between aro and allo, do you ever doubt that youre aroflux while youre fluxing? like, when ur aro ur like "oh maybe im actually just aro" and when ur allo its vice versa? trying to figure myself out

• 11 months later...
Phantasmal Fingers

Interesting! I hadn't heard of this before... 🤨

Tell me more, if you like. 🙂

• 4 months later...
Low End Things

Yeah, when someone says they're aroflux it mainly means they're fluctuating between being aromantic and romantic. If they were fluxing between being ace and allo or that would be aceflux. Being aro and being allo are related but not the same category since one applys to romantic orientation/desire and the other to sexual.

For me, maybe 99% of the time I only ever get squishes on people with various levels of strength, although usually they're very strong. The thought of being in a relationship with others wouldn't be appealing to me at all. But every now and then (only really once so far for me but I do suspect one other person I met a long time ago) I'll meet someone and have an immediate, intense desire to be bonded to them somehow (the best way I can describe what I believe to be romantic feelings for someone).

• 8 months later...

The easiest way for me to put it is there's this one boy at school and the days I feel romantic attraction I have a crush on him, and the days I don't feel sexual attraction, I don't have a crush on him. I usaually stay in the aromantic side but sometimes I'm alloromantic.

• 5 months later...
Oberon Jasper

I think I'm aroflux... for me it's kind of just almost like an instinct? Like feeling romantic attraction is like being hungry. I know I'm able to like people and am romantic because of some deep sense that's just there. When I'm not able to feel it it's like having overeaten and your trying to force another bite down and it just isn't working. If any of that made sense...

With aceflux I feel I just bounce around the asexual spectrum so just demi, gray, and ace.

• 5 months later...

It’s honestly was kinda frustrating for me being aroflux at first bc i felt like I’d be alone for most my life, but i found out i was also queer platonic, so i feel like that helped me cope a bit and stuff when i realized there are other types or attractions and relationships you can have for/with people. Even if you don't find people attractive in a romantic (or sexual way) there are still other ways to make deep connections with people. :))

im not sure if i used to be aroflux or no but it was like this for me, one day i did not had crush on person a- one day it was strong crush then one day squish one day alterous attraction and one day just nothing- gosh it used to be really fluid and change everyday for no reason, but rn im struggling with being alloromantic cause i feel like im crushing on everyone .__. wich does not really make sense tbh...

Archived