Whats your number?

PrincessPark

I'm 34 and have had 1. I was suckered into it. He made an ultimatum: either I say I love him (and we get together) or I'll never see him again. I thought we were beginning to be close friends and didn't want that to end, and was vaguely curious as to what a romantic (sexual) relationship was like. I was 19 and both of us were in college. Together for 2 1/2 years. It was suffocating. Since I didn't initiate romantic stuff, he'd try to be increasingly romantic. I guess because he thought he needed to try harder to keep me interested? He did want to do sexual stuff as well, and I didn't initiate nor was comfortable with it. Didn't 'go far' with that. Eventually he thought something was wrong with me and made an appointment to see a doctor with him there about sex. They thought I was just scared of possibly being in pain or something. It made me feel worse, and I didn't feel like it was a problem before that. Adding that I'm sex-repulsed when it's directed at me was great. He was the one that broke up with me in one of the worst ways. On Valentine's Day (a day he made a big deal out of), over the phone, he was back at school while I was recovering at home from going to the hospital on the other side of the state, his friends told me that he was thinking of proposing, etc. At least do it face to face. Anyways, it left an even more negative view of romantic relationships for me.

I do want to be in a qpr in the future. I get intense squishes on people. Up until now, I've probably had about 7 or 8 really close friends that I had squishes on and could have asked them to be in a qpr with me. They might have thought it was too weird, but we did almost everything together. (Obviously not romantic or sexual stuff.)

Custard Cream

No idea. Depends how you count and who you count. More than I'd like to confess anyway. Always looking for what was missing, never realising the truth.

• Like 1
Life With Masks

I have never had a partner in my life and I'm okay with that, but I want to build intimacy with someone on an affectionate platonic level. I'm 21 years old.

I have had three relationships online (if you want to count that) but they never worked because the person on the other end was sexual and I can't keep with that. I can keep with romance in theory, but not in practice.

Sexual partners: None
Romantic partners: None
😎 Maybe I'll be more interested some day? Probably not.

• 10 months later...

I'm 39 and I've had one partner, romantically and sexually. I don't regret it, I know it isn't for me. Still friends with that person, though that was over 20 years ago.

On 2/25/2019 at 9:08 PM, PrincessPark said:

Just curious  how many partners everyone has been with. I am in my late 20's and have had 6, feel like that quite a high number for a asexual lol.

I am pretty sex positive and willing to be intimate for my partners as soon as they ask.

I am 31 and have had 1 actual physical boyfriend who I was with for 5 years 

Other than that I've had 3 online relationships but never physically met them.

I've been with a lot of people sexually but I feel that doesn't count as it was financial transaction (money I didn't even get for myself) and it was forced. That number would probably be like over a 1000 though. But yeah meh that part doesn't count I don't think?

1 hour ago, PecnarcY said:

had about 424 sexual partners.

She was counting every transaction? I worked with a lot of brothel girls and have never known them to count. (though I guess if she was going privately through the paper or whatever that may have made it easier to count)

1 hour ago, PecnarcY said:

This is terrible

It's not terrible really, it's only a financial transaction. I mean unless she was forced of course because of course that sucks. But I feel if it was forced she may not have been counting.

I’ve had 5 relationships and 1 “will they/won’t they?” best friend who I was in a sort of relationship with but not 😎

Lord Jade Cross

Zero partners and very satisfied that it has remained that way. It will also continue being like that till the day I die. 

28 years old.  Zero partners of any kind.  Just the way I like it.

There's been plenty of opportunities, not to brag but I have been asked out by girls many times (ok I lie..  that was completely to brag).

Zero desire to even experiment.  

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

It's spam.  Every post of theirs has had some random link put in it.

Reported

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Philip027 said:

It's spam.  Every post of theirs has had some random link put in it.

Reported

Probably a bot.  People use forums bots to post a bunch of legit looking stuff but also post a bunch of random links.

They do this across hundreds of forums.  The idea is that it improves SEO (search engine optimization) because part of googles algorithm is how many unique links people create across the web to your site. Easiest solution is just ban the "user".

Whore*of*Mensa

I’m almost 47 and been romantically/sexually involved with 24 people in real life...9 of those 24 went beyond sensual to sexual and not all of those 9 were consensual.

Since being on this site I’ve remembered every single one, some long forgotten!

If I wasn’t gray sexual or whatever I suspect I’d have been a total slut. Maybe I am anyway!

I've had 2 back in the 00s. Both as a reaction to the peer pressure that was put upon me

Only one of them was a full on intercourse though, so I normally say I have had one partner

I don't miss it 🙂

3 hours ago, 123383 said:

I’m 59 and only one, J. We never did anything remotely sexual as we were both young (she 16 and I 18) and not yet ready for sex. We thought of ourselves as life partners; if J had of lived I hope we would have become partners for life.

That is so wise for two young people and so sad it ended too soon for you.  😢

• Like 1

Zero partners.

There was one guy who I was romantically attracted to. But he was sexual. Then one day he asked me out, and I just panicked and turned him down :(

• Like 1

Sex: 0

Never felt like the "right moment". Think I'm sex-neutral to sex-averse for myself but sex-positive for others if that's what they want. 

Affectionate / Romantic: 1

It didn't work out & I'm not sure how I'd feel being with another allo. 

Dating: 0

I don't understand how this works. The idea of going out with someone I know nothing about does not appeal to me. I would need to spend a lot of time with someone to develop any sort of feelings. 

Age: Almost 34. Quite happy on my own. If meet someone compatible in the future would be open to seeing where it goes. 

Advice for the anxious:

You're on your own timeline. Stop comparing your number with people with a higher/lower number. It really doesn't matter.

Advice for the judgemental:

If you or someone you know has a knee-jerk reaction to (a) certain number(s), try to reflect on why that is. Is it really about them ? Why does it cause such a reaction within you? 

Having a higher/lower number than someone else doesn't make us a better/worse person. We all grew up in very different environments, exposed to different cultures & education systems.  The people who have revealed their number probably did so because they felt AVEN is a safe space to have candid conversations. Hopefully those who read through the thread will feel less alone & see that there is no "normal" or "target" to reach. 

• Like 3
Anthracite_Impreza

26, 0 sexual, 0 humans, 1 car ❤️

1 decent partner.

Others were small flings.

0 sexual. That one partner didn't understand fully what asexual means.

I don’t really remember the one night stands I had or how many do to being intoxicated, but relationships I think 8? There’s only one I had strong romantic feelings for.

AceMissBehaving

I’m 39, and I guess my number would be 4. One of them was a messed up self destructive depression bender and deeply regrettable on every front.