Whats your number?

PrincessPark

Galactic Turtle

25 years old. None.

My parents always joked growing up that they'd have to pay someone to be with me lol.

I'm 44. 

Two partners (one was a three-month catastrophe; the other a six-and-a-half year relationship that was happy and harmonious until the last two months).

I'm pretty sure there won't be a third one in this lifetime.

I'm twenty seven and I've "dated" two guys but never slept with them. I could never get comfortable with them romantically whereas we were amazing friends. 

I'm 37, and have had no dates and no intimate relationships. 

I was propositioned by a work colleague when I was 26, but I turned her down. 

firewallflower
8 hours ago, grigor1860 said:

Oof, that makes three of us 18 year-olds without a single date or partner (me, you and fledgeling).

Huh. Well, look on the bright side—maybe that's a statistical sign that should any of us want a date or partner, there are enough age-mates floating around out there with similar lack of relationship experience for us to discover. 😛

• Like 1

Zero for me. I've never had or desired either sex or a relationship.

WanderingKate

I've 22 years old and I've had three partners, although two of them I barely count. Two of them were very sexual and I broke up with them both after a few weeks when I felt totally trapped and suffocated and like I was putting on a show any time we did anything sexual. The third was a lot less sexual but very romantic, on and off we lasted almost two years.

VirtualApocalypse

I'm 22, and I've only dated two people. One I don't really count because it lasted 5 days since his ex wanted to get back together with him and he was conflicted about who to be with, so I was just like "Nah, man." I wasn't going to waste my time on someone who wasn't sure if they wanted to be with me, I wasn't emotionally invested yet so I don't really count it as a relationship.

Janus the Fox

1 and only 1 at 31 years of age, one sided romantic and sexual one, twice weekly romance, about twice a month sex, it's as much I can manage, its rather sensual heavy currently 😛

• Like 1

0. Dated once, for like 2 weeks. Had a long-distance thing for a while but it went nowhere. I'm 31 currently.

I’m 36 and I’ve had two. Reassuring to read about other people around my age who are quite happy not having a significant other. I am alone, but definitely not lonely.

• Like 1
Strange But Not a Stranger

I'm 38 and I've had one. It lasted for about a year, and it was the biggest mistake of my life. It did make me realise for sure that I am somewhere on the ace spectrum, but I think I would have figured that out eventually without having to go through this whole experience. It feels like a wasted year to me on so many levels.

I’m 26 and sexual. One. My fiancé.

21 and 0. I'm curious tho and would like to experiment( I'm gray-ace). Problem is I'd need to find a male friend first that would be fine with it, which apparently is hard.

• Like 1
harpy_crone

I'm 39. 20ish sexual partners. 3 long-term relationships. As I've written elsewhere, I was raised in a time and place where sex and sexual prowess felt like currency, like a way to get the emotional intimacy that I was actually seeking. 

Tyger Songbird

I'm 28, and I've been with no one, and I plan to keep it that way. I know for the culture at large, everybody's doing it, everybody's having sex, and everybody needs to have sex.  

Welp, I guess I'm not anybody, then. I don't play the game at all.

I've never even been on a date, honestly!

I'm okay with admitting I'm "permanently inactive" online. However, I wouldn't admit to that in person, not because I'm ashamed of never having had sex, but because everybody else who would find out about it and would start making fun of me all freaking day. This world drives me crazy overall, with how many people obsess over looks and vain, vapid aesthetics. They don't care about intellect or pursuit of knowledge. It's all about your appearances and if you are dating/hooking up with someone. It's ridiculous. So, if I came out and said "I've never had sex", almost everyone would start making offensive jokes towards me. You could try to not let it bother you, but being the butt of jokes is rather insensitive. I don't know how that kind of stuff isn't workplace bullying and harassment. I don't know. Either way, my answer is 0, and it shall stay 0 for hopefully a very long time. I simply am not ever wanting to do that.

• Like 1

I'm 21. I've had a lot of sexual partners, probably 20+ and both men and women. This was mostly from when I was age 17-20. In part I was hoping that at some point I'd enjoy having sex. Since I was young, I kept thinking that maybe I just hadn't figured out sex yet, and at some point I'd have a great sexual experience that would make me understand the hype. I also went to a very liberal and sex-positive college where hookup culture was a way to achieve social validation.

MissJessica

@harpy_crone can totally relate to your experiences,  think I have always used sex to obtain emotional intimacy as well, like  @conn  I went through a period of hoping I would somehow change and be like all the others.

I'm going to be 28 soon and I've had 0 partners. That number likely isn't going to change.

andreas1033

Its good to see so many people here, have zero, or just 1 in there life.

Shows, we have that in common at least. Like i said i have zero, and that will never change.

But its nice to see, that in a world dominated so much by sexual people, claiming that everyone wants partners, that at least a small percentage like us, were not into that world, for what ever reason.

Society can make you feel very isolated, for not being like them.

Just good to see, people that have lived there life devoid of the things others here have also. I think we can all appreciate that this world is dominated by sexuals, and how they cannot fathom, there is a percentage of people not like them.

Good for you people. I am sure many of you appreciate how being asexual, can be very isolating from the majority.

I wonder how many of you, have been humiliated and ridiculed for being alone, and never wanting a partner?

• Like 2
EngineeRaven

2, as in any romantic relationship, 0 as in sexual relationship. I'm 21.

Edit:

Haha I just responded without reading the OP or the thread.  Whatever,  that's my number and it has nothing to do with sex.  I'm sticking with it!

• Like 2

I am 30 and the only real relationship i have had is with my husband. We have been together 12 years. We met when i was 18 and I never really dated in high school. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, andreas1033 said:

I wonder how many of you, have been humiliated and ridiculed for being alone, and never wanting a partner?

I used to fear being ridiculed certainly, but that was before I could identify as an Asexual.

Prior to that revelation, I just kept myself to myself and let people think whatever they wanted... if they even thought about me at all! 

But these days, I guess I feel safe in the knowledge that I'm not broken, not alone (especially with this marvellous community), and actually more happy with the knowledge of who I really am and what I want, or in this case, don't want. And if anyone tries to poke fun or undermine who I am, they'll have a fight on their hands. 

I've had zero romantic/sexual partners and I'm in my mid-twenties. Even though I've never been with anyone, I'm comfortable with it though since I never feel the need to be with anyone like that and I never have liked anyone that much.

9 hours ago, Muledeer said:

Edit:

Haha I just responded without reading the OP or the thread.  Whatever,  that's my number and it has nothing to do with sex.  I'm sticking with it!

😲 LMAO