I want to cut my hair, but I'm scared...

Jinkx

2 hours ago, Goonie said:

the thing I noticed when I go from longer hair to shorter hair is how much lighter my head feels. also totally save on shampoo

Honestly, I am so looking forward to how light my head will feel! One of the things that has led me to wanting to cut my hair has been the headaches my hair has caused whenever I put it up in dance classes because it pulls so much because it's so long. And saving on product is always a good thing. 😊

1 hour ago, disGraceful said:

I can’t say I relate, as I’ve had short hair for all but maybe two years of my life. But the cool thing about hair is that it’s versatile. Why don’t you get an undercut with medium length first? That way you can still style it to look longer and adjust to a new style. If you like it, you could do something more drastic. OR think of it like a swimming pool. It’s easier to jump right in rather than wade until you’ve adjusted to the temperature. 

I think I am planning on keeping it a bit longer on top so I can tie it back—hair around my face is dance classes doesn't sound fun. But I might experiment with top lengths later, as you said! 🙂 I tend to be an all-or-nothing sort of person, which is why I'm chopping it all of instead of gradually shortening it. Also mid-length hair has never been something I've wanted.

One more day with long hair... 😨 I am highkey terrified but I am trying not to think on it too much or else I might back out. I think this week I've been preparing myself to mourn my hair—which sounds weird, but long hair feels like a huge part of my identity and I've had it for so long so the change won't come easily. 😓

Once again thank you everyone for the encouragement!

Image result for nervous anime gif

*nerves intensify*

@Jinkx Best of luck today! 😄 I know it's scary, and you're going to be self-conscious about it for a while, but it will pass. It's going to look kick-ass.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

tenor.gif

@Lee 🌸 Thank you for the encouragement!

@Goonie It went very well, thank you for asking! I absolutely love it. I think I'mma make a separate thread about my experience. 😊

6 hours ago, Jinkx said:

@Goonie It went very well, thank you for asking! I absolutely love it. I think I'mma make a separate thread about my experience. 😊

yay! I'm glad to hear it went well and you love it!

• 5 months later...
Xander Magallanes

I was planning to get a short boyish haircut and i felt scared and confident at the same time. I wanted my hair short like my aunts and she tells me I’ll look good since our family has that right face shape for it. But on the other hand, my mom says that she’s afraid that I won’t like and regret it or I would like it but then regret it a year later.

To be honest I’m kinda afraid of that too but for years I’ve always wanted short hair, ever since I was a kid. I thought that this would help me be more myself. 

My mom is scared that I’ll hate it later cause I’m a teen. I never really loved my long hair, in fact it was just in the way to me.. 

So I’m kinda nervous about the whole short hair problem and the thing is I’ll never really know if I’ll like it or not unless I do it. It’s just really how it goes.

all that matters to me is that I’ll love and I’ll at least past.

DarkStormyKnight

Ah I was going to say that I went through a similar thing with my hair, honestly still going through a thing, where I want to look more androgynous but also I really like donating my hair and not having to get it cut all the time haha. Having said that, I did really like having it short and I'm glad you went for it and are loving it!!!

Archived