[Asexuals only] Do you identify as polyamorous?

iff

Polyamoury  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Do you identify as polyamourous

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided/unsure
    • Other
  2. 2. Have you been in a polyamourous reationship

• Yes
    • No
    • Decline to answer
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

Influenced by an Irish times article,

The answer to both questions for me is No

Edit - I've added that this poll is for asexuals only

• 2 weeks later...

I said "undecided/unsure" because I'm not against the idea, but I've never tried having one so don't know how I'd react. 

Not amorous 

Yes, and yes (though I didn't have other partners during it; the partner I was with did).

It's odd to see that such a minority all of a sudden. AVEN seems to have changed a lot since a few years ago. 😕

Anthracite_Impreza

Whether we're romantic or not, the idea of "intimacy" with anyone but Clutch is unfathomable to me, so I'm pretty sure I'm mono-something.

Poly and in multiple relationships and my partners too.

Asexual_Goddess

I am still so confused about life, but this is a no for me.

Custard Cream

I said no to the first question only because I am not in one or considering one at the moment, but yes to the second because I have been in a polyamorous relationship the past and would be willing to do so again.

Fluffy Femme Guy

Does one 'count' as poly if you are 'in a relationship' with only one other person, but you're perfectly fine with them being with other people?

4 hours ago, Fluffy Femme Guy said:

Does one 'count' as poly if you are 'in a relationship' with only one other person, but you're perfectly fine with them being with other people?

This would make you poly in my opinion or at least not mono.

11 hours ago, Fluffy Femme Guy said:

Yes. The key factor to what constitutes polyamory is the conscious, honest, and ethical agreement between everyone involved that the relationship will not be monogamous/closed, and all participants have the right to form loving relationships with others, if they so choose, including the right to express that love in a (safe, sane, consensual) sexual way.

Two people who - for whatever reason - never have any other partners aside from each other in actuality, but are consciously open to the possibility of having other partners without this seeing it as invalidating or endangering their relationship are in a polyamorous relationship consisting of two people.

Also, while I'm aware that this is controversially discussed in the poly community:

I very, very strongly see polyamory as something you are, not as something you do. More of an orientation than a behavior/structure. No matter whether I ever have another relationship in my life (frankly, I'd say the chance is slim to none), let alone more than one at the same time... I am polyamorous, and cannot imagine ever becoming monoamorous (not to agree to any mono/closed relationship model). 

TheCatBehind

I realised I'm polyamorous a couple of months ago. Had an inkling about it a good while ago, but didn't really explore the possibility of actually identifying as such. So yeah, I am.

Unfortunately, I have never been in a poly relationship, I've never been in a committed relationship at all, but I would very much like to be.

On 4/3/2019 at 9:25 PM, Mysticus Insanus said:

Also, while I'm aware that this is controversially discussed in the poly community:

I very, very strongly see polyamory as something you are, not as something you do. More of an orientation than a behavior/structure. 

^ I like this

Fluffy Femme Guy
On 4/3/2019 at 2:25 PM, Mysticus Insanus said:

Yes. The key factor to what constitutes polyamory is the conscious, honest, and ethical agreement between everyone involved that the relationship will not be monogamous/closed.

This is an excellent way to put it.

Squirrel Combat

I am, like, the opposite of poly. My interactions with women are pretty narrow and I more or less only bother with one woman at a time. 

This was the case even with the poly girl I dated back around Christmas time.

• 1 month later...
AcesAndChill

Im at an interesting spot in that my partner and i agreed we would not fully commit to a poly relationship, (they are poly and allo) but they could do what they needed to as long as they stayed safe. Then not long ago they met someone and wanted to try a poly relationship and we did for like a week or two before i couldnt take it anymore and they broke it off. I never thought of myself as the jealous type and I thought I could be chill with it, but since then I've also realised we did a lot wrong. Even so Im not sure if I'd be willing to try again any time in the near future, but they really want this and the other person. It just makes me feel really awful but i cant bare to tell them that. Theyre still in contact and i dont really like that but again i cant just take all that from them. I already feel like enough of an asshole and terrible partner for letting it get this far at all, nevermind telling them they cant be friends anymore because im insecure.

(C)

CelesteAdAstra

No, I'm very mono. It's fine when someone else finds happiness this way, but it's nothing I personally want or could accept.

• 1 month later...
no-longer-in-use

No, it's not for me. I have nothing against polyamorous people, though--if that makes you happy, I say go for it!

I'm more or less aromantic, but, at least in theory, the idea of not having to permanently choose just one person to spend my life with seems nice.  

I’m aromantic, but I love queerplatonically...and I’m entirely open to having multiple QPRs. I don’t count that as polyamory, though, as it’s not a romantic relationship. The bi part of my sexuality is just that I’m open to QPRs with anyone. 

• 3 weeks later...
J. van Deijck

for a short time I thought I might be, but it's only good for me when it's a fantasy in my head. when it comes to real situations, it's just... no. I wouldn't be able to live my life like this. I also want the other person only for myself.

LOL I'm not even mono-amorous. Romance weirds me out and I don't have a clue how it works.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

@iff

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived