Dragons?

alien.hedgehog

alien.hedgehog

While I was looking for informations and fanarts online I noticed that two symbols used with the idea of asexuality are cake and dragons. I get the cake thing but what's with the dragons? I guess it came from here(just like the black ring and other things) and I really like the idea, but I just don't get the connection. Can someone explain to me?

• Like 1
alien.hedgehog

That too, but most often I see dragons and I'm always like WTF?.....o_0

I guess it's because people don't know about asexuality, or think that it doesn't exist, so it's the "mythical" sexuality. Hence, dragons and unicorns. That's just my theory though, and I don't know how and where it originated 

• Like 6
Guest Deus Ex Infinity
29 minutes ago, dark.entity said:

While I was looking for informations and fanarts online I noticed that two symbols used with the idea of asexuality are cake and dragons. I get the cake thing but what's with the dragons? I guess it came from here(just like the black ring and other things) and I really like the idea, but I just don't get the connection. Can someone explain to me?

I never got it either tbh. Not even as being furry *lol* It's rather cute though anyway ❤️ *Likes cake and dragons* ❤️

I think it originated from a J.K. Rowling interview where she was asked about Charlie Weasley's sexuality and said something like 'I think he's more interested in dragons than relationships and all that stuff" and aces saw that and went 'SAME'. I believe that's where it comes from :D

• Like 15
49 minutes ago, Urmeline said:

I think it originated from a J.K. Rowling interview where she was asked about Charlie Weasley's sexuality and said something like 'I think he's more interested in dragons than relationships and all that stuff" and aces saw that and went 'SAME'. I believe that's where it comes from :D

I read that's because asexual people are way more interested in dragons than in sex, which fits with your description.

• Like 3

I would love a night fury dragon

*puts on birthday wishlist* 

lmao I pray one day I run into magic like in my books

@daveb tell me wise one is it possible a dragon may be coming my way?

alien.hedgehog
1 hour ago, Urmeline said:

That's the first thing that popped into my mind(that and the fact that dragons are great)

15 minutes ago, MaybeIBelongSomewhere said:

I would love a night fury dragon

*puts on birthday wishlist* 

That would be so awesome!

• Like 3

I saw some tumblrpost a long time ago where they said that since unicorns have become a bit of a symbol of gay people, they wanted to give other identities mythical creatures too. I remember aces got dragons and aros griffons, but the others I forgot those that didn't apply to me. I guess that thing caught on and that's why we have the dragon imagery. And dragons are awesome so I approve of it x)

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, HonoraryJedi said:

I saw some tumblrpost a long time ago where they said that since unicorns have become a bit of a symbol of gay people, they wanted to give other identities mythical creatures too. I remember aces got dragons and aros griffons, but the others I forgot those that didn't apply to me. I guess that thing caught on and that's why we have the dragon imagery. And dragons are awesome so I approve of it x)

I’m hella biased but dragons are the best 

I will get one around my wrist when I save up to go to Japan

Awesome. I've always been interested in prehistoric reptiles and they are very similar to dragons too. And I'm ace so... If dragons are the symbol of aceness, I love it.

• Like 1

I never heard of a connection between aces and dragons. I think lots of people like dragons.

2 hours ago, MaybeIBelongSomewhere said:

daveb tell me wise one is it possible a dragon may be coming my way?

I consulted the magic 8 ball and it said "It is decidedly so". :lol: 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, daveb said:

I never heard of a connection between aces and dragons. I think lots of people like dragons.

I consulted the magic 8 ball and it said "It is decidedly so". :lol: 

God bless you dearly 🤧🥰🖤🙏🔥 I shall let you know when my dragon in crime shows up lol you have dibs on the passenger seat 

• Like 1
QueenGlorythecat

Just because dragons are awesome and everyone should be more interested in dragons than sex am i right

• Like 5
3 hours ago, QueenGlorythecat said:

Just because dragons are awesome and everyone should be more interested in dragons than sex am i right

Glory of cat royalty yes fam yes *bows reverently* lmao

• Like 1
On 2/23/2019 at 12:37 PM, dark.entity said:

@dark.entity I think it's the idea of a mystical creature since a lot of people claim asexuals do not exsist. But of all mystical creatures dragons seem to be fairly popular? Don't ask me why dragons but I think that's how it started. 

• Like 2
alien.hedgehog
6 hours ago, blanked_2 said:

@dark.entity I think it's the idea of a mystical creature since a lot of people claim asexuals do not exsist. But of all mystical creatures dragons seem to be fairly popular? Don't ask me why dragons but I think that's how it started. 

Probably this was the cause, but I would have liked if someone opened a topic in 2005 or something about finding a symbol for asexuality and someone was like"Guys, dragons, motherf***ing dragons!" and the others were like"Yeah, I think that will work.":))))))))

That would have been so cool.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, blanked_2 said:

nonf***ing dragons

FTFM* ;) 

* fixed that for me

• Like 3

Dragons are awesome. Can't go wrong with dragons. Well you could, but then you shouldn't be pilfering their treasure, or be edible, definitely don't be edible.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Infinita_Nox said:

Dragons are awesome. Can't go wrong with dragons. Well you could, but then you shouldn't be pilfering their treasure, or be edible, definitely don't be edible.

With ketchup.

• Like 3

Now I want something crunchy and good with ketchup... :) 

• Like 1