Do you feel oppressed?

I have never felt oppressed persay, but I have felt like people don't take me seriously because I don't do the physical intimacy thing. Today I was telling my friend about the talk I had with my boyfriend where I said that I just couldn't get passed the physical intimacy part. She put her head down, like it was the wrong thing for me to say to him. I've been told things like, "You just don't get it," and it can be a bit belittling. I remind them that just because I choose not to partake in those things, I do understand them. I'm just slow on the sex jokes because unlike a lot of other people my age, sex is on the backburner.

Adventuress Heart

What have I done!!

Today my mom was on her pc and she told me to open my messenger while I was working on my laptop. She sent me an article, and usually it's related to news or health. This time it was a religious article explaining marriage. I had made it clear to her that I'm not interested in it, period. The article mentioned reasons why some people wouldn't get married, asexuality was included in that as well.

(there isn't anything wrong with asexuals getting *married* of course)

Now because I'm an aspie sometimes I misunderstand things, thats why I always try to ask to make sure I understand the other persons reasons for sending or giving me a piece of info.

In this case it was either because she was trying to convince me to reconsider my decission or something else.... We were sitting in the same room and I asked her via chat what was the reason behind her sending it, she said no reason. She said she just thought it was well written and thats all ...

Then she went on to say that we've got to find a reason why I'm like this, and she kind of said maybe you fall under that category (she ment asexuality)

I can't believe my reaction to that!! I got really angry and denied it, I told her she shouldn't categorize me like that, it wasn't fair.

I feel so bad, I wasn't courageous enough to admit it, we never talk about sex in our family, if I did come out it would make me feel so awkward that people know something like that about me. Deep down I see nothing wrong with being A. infact I am very proud of myself but when it comes to other people knowing, it kind of scares me.

Even more weird is afew mins ago as I was writting up the previous post she walked by me and asked if she could see what I was doing, I jumped up with laptop in my hands and moved to the other couch, she said she just wanted to see the logo. I assume she means the AVEN logo, she might have even recognized it since she saw the 20/20 clip and mentioned it to me afew months ago. It's so weird, she's hinting asexuality to me and when I'm in the moment I always go around the issue or flat out deny it.