Chanson Francaise/Francophonie

ben8884

I usually don't listen to electronica and dance music, but I make an exception for Stromae.

Tous les mêmes is fantastic, the music as well as the video. 💙

My French teacher introduced me to Stromae back in grade 9, since then I've listened through Racine Carée many times! Still one of the only artists where i just start humming their songs randomly throughout my day

Oh no, not Stromae! Please anything but Stromae! I've now got Papaoutai going around in my head and it's not good!

Give me Jean-Jacques Goldman any day!

• 3 weeks later...
J. van Deijck

one of my favourite French songs ever:

tbh all her first album is cute and nice to listen to.

I don't know much French music but I love Aznavour!

Grace Kelly - Mika  Il y a une version francaise et anglaise mais la version francaise est meilleure!

Spoiler

J'adore les chansons francophones des annees 80 et 90. J'en demontre mon age, mais on parle de Mitsou, Jo Beaucamp, Patricia Kaas, Rock Voisine, Gerry Boulet, etc etc etc.

De meme, j'ai un cote faible pour les chansons plus anciennes, encore: Charles Aznavour, Nana Mouskouri, Ginette Reno, etc.

Cependant, ci-dessus, serait une de me chansons francophones preferes presentement.

Yes--only fitting, I'd post it in French too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2019 at 6:15 PM, AceyMacey said:

Grace Kelly - Mika  Il y a une version francaise et anglaise mais la version francaise est meilleure!

Oui, je suis d'accord! Mika est très populaire en France. Il est un coach sur la version française de The Voice depuis plusieurs saisons.

B9714365139Z.1_20180110095124_000+G90AFG

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, ben8884 said:

How about Johnny Hallyday?

A third rate rocker who was seriously overrated in my opinion. I can't think of a single one of his songs that I like.

I dunno...I like Johhny and to be fair he was the first Frenchmen to sell out the Stade de France but I wouldn't describe him as chanson Francaise more American style rock done in French. 

• 2 months later...
DogObsessedLi

Oooh I'm following this thread. I love French music. I'm also a big fan of Alizee. I have also followed Natasha St-Pier since her Eurovision appearance but I've struggled to get into her later stuff. I like listening to music in French though (actually I have music in many languages, the latest album being in Swedish). I think I like not being distracted by the words (but I can always look up translations), especially when compared to listening to romantic music in English, at least in other languages it doesn't distract me and I can appreciate the music more!

DuranDuranfan

The only Chanteuse/Chanteur francais I know of are all from Canada. Celine Dion most notably, but also Mitsou, and Roch Voisine.

J. van Deijck
On 3/1/2019 at 6:37 PM, Redrield said:

My French teacher introduced me to Stromae back in grade 9, since then I've listened through Racine Carée many times! Still one of the only artists where i just start humming their songs randomly throughout my day

Jesus, how could I miss this post? I LOVE Stromae ♡ confession: I actually came back to this thread right now because I wanted to post some of his songs. :D

Chanson Francaise sans ceci? 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

and also

• 7 months later...
J. van Deijck

I love this song so much.

Now feel free to laugh at me, but for a long time I thought it was Stromae. 🤦‍♀️

Or for humour 

Yup I has this single 😋😋

J. van Deijck

I previously posted a video of a Belgian artist which I cannot watch now because... the video is blocked in my country due to the copyright. 🤦‍♀️😂 seriously, youtube? A resident of Belgium is not allowed to watch the video from an artist coming from the same country?

On 4/7/2019 at 1:30 PM, kiaroskuro said:

I personally like both versions of this song ^_^

This is probably one of my favourite French language pop songs. Definitely not an ace song, but… I don’t care, I still love it.

It’s 1990s, it’s upbeat, it’s cheesy, et c’est génial!

Ils eurent des quadruplés qu'ils prénommèrent Gustave, Alphonse, Arthur et Philibert !

On 4/29/2020 at 8:52 PM, Skycaptain said:

Yup I has this single 😋😋

High five!

(I often thought these guys were kind of like Chas and Dave's French counterparts)

J. van Deijck

And a black metal version with a parody video:

Archived