Just A Little Curious

AsexualAllie

I know I'm asexual and might be a bit aromantic, but was wondering if there was a term out there for not being attracted to anyone in any way? I was just a bit curious and would love to learn more about the spectrum and different LGBTQ+ terms!

AVeryTakenUsername

Aroace is a general term for people who are both asexual and aromantic if you decide you are that way. I'm not sure if there's a specific term for what you're describing but it definitely belongs on the asexual spectrum. Anyone can really be asexual and decide they feel no attraction whatsoever or they can decide they feel every attraction in the book right up until sexual attraction comes into play.

• Like 1
firewallflower

If you're interested in seeing a list of more labels than you ever thought existed, you could check out this thread:

In your case, if the not-attracted-to-anyone-in-any-way includes attraction outside of sexual/romantic forms (i.e., sensual and aesthetic attraction), could the term you're looking for be omniasexual? Defined in the link above as:

Omniasexual / Omnia / Omniaelxi - A person who does not experience sexual, romantic, sensual, or aesthetic attractions.

(Warning, however: It's a pretty obscure word, so I'd be wary of using it outside of AVEN if you want people to know what you mean. :P But in terms of personal identification, what matters is whatever makes you feel most comfortable.)

Anyhow, best of luck on your journey! 🙂

• Like 1
Squirrel Combat

Aromantic? That sounds about right?

• Like 1