Hey! I'm new here!

Btree

Hi! I'm Trin and I discovered AVEN last night. I think I'm asexual, or at least an umbrella term, but I don't really know yet. About three weeks ago, I discovered I might actually be asexual, as I knew the term existed but i didn't really know what it was and I didn't have a lot of experience. I'm a high school freshman, and a lot of people around me are starting to have crushes and are complaining about not being in relationships. I don't think I've ever had an actual or natural crush, and I really don't think I've been sexuality attracted to someone. I know I'm really young, and i'm still trying to figure out what everything is, what things feel like, and whether or not I've experienced it, but I've heard somethings about asexuality that describe me, so I'm down to learn more!

Custard Cream

Hi Trin!

Welcome to AVEN - enjoy looking around and getting involved.  Don't worry about labelling yourself yet, theree's plenty of time for that.

Have some cake!

1h6gFHV.png

Welcome to AVEN!

In my case, I realised that I'm Asexual in my early teens, around 14 when I started hearing sexual comments from my peers and in media and found that they bewildered me.

Asexuality is a lack of Sexual Attraction, which we define as leading to the desire to have sex with someone.
But there are other types of attraction besides Sexual Attraction.
There's Romantic Attraction, which we define as leading to the desire to have a romantic relationship with someone.
There's Sensual Attraction, which we define as leading to the desire to have intimate non-sexual physical contact with someone, like kissing or cuddling.
There's Aesthetic Attraction, which we define as leading to the desire to appreciate someone's aesthetic beauty.
There's Platonic Attraction, which we define as leading to the desire to have a deep friendship with someone.
And more.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake,

ZWughhv.jpg

Welcome!

Google search what is a freshman??? :P 

15/16 isn’t too young to identify as asexual, I came out as ace at 16, and I’m 18 now :) 

mouth_watering_cake-other.jpg

Hello, welcome to AVEN!!
I knew I was Asexual about when I was 13. I just didn't know the words for it until 17.
You can identify as Asexual now if you feel like it fits you. If you later find out it doesn't, that's ok' too.
You have our support here. If you have any questions, you can ask us.

To welcome you, here's a purple cake:
1024x768_899007CahP_purple-ombre-marshma

Archived