anisotrophic

Shame about seeking & receiving sex

ryn2
1 hour ago, Traveler40 said:

I think LDR (whether it be defined as separate bedrooms, homes, cities or other) is hugely beneficial to any relationship, mixed or not.  As long as both parties have enough face time, the space can be a rejuvenating benefit.

I think it depends on the people involved and on what they seek in relationships.  I want someone to share the practical day-to-day aspects - I already have plenty of good long-distance friends I can run ideas by, commiserate with, emotionally support and feel supported by - so a LDR doesn’t make sense for me.  Other people are looking for other things that LDRs satisfy adequately (or even best).

ryn2
26 minutes ago, Skullery Maid said:

Basically means that I can't be with someone with responsive desire because I'm unable to jumpstart theirs

The “why” behind your feeling this way really, really sucks, but this is a good thing to know about yourself.

• Like 1

anisotrophic
2 hours ago, warrior said:

I was abused as a kid, so I totally get it @anisotrophic.

I have terrible conflicts about sex and affection. In wanting it, having it, I become both the abuser and the victim at the same time.

1 hour ago, Skullery Maid said:

Also raises hand. 

I have an incredibly hard time expressing any interest in sex unless the other person is equally excited about it.

I wasn't -- I'm sorry these things happened to you. :(

My spontaneous desire kept us going over the years, but that was before I knew. I'm not sure it's going to keep going, or what that would mean. He seemed reassured when I asked recently.

• Like 2