40 years old and only just fully realising I'm on the asexual spectrum

gaga_sexual

Hi everyone!

Well...it's quite exciting for me to be here as I've only just begun to find out there are actual terms and names for what / who I may be.

I'm from Australia and live by the beach with my partner of 17 years (who is a woman) and our furbaby cat son. She's 57. We have not had any form of sex for about 15 years. I feel guilty about that, but otherwise relieved. I have no kids and I never wanted any, even as a kid myself.

I'm not uncomfortable generally with my sexuality. At 40 (I only look 28, ok!? 😂) I have had enough experience to not really care about labels anymore or what people think, and my priorities are simply elsewhere. My cat, making money, travelling, songwriting, trying to get Lady Gaga to notice me on Twitter. 😉

Sooo...from what I can tell so far, I am definitely biromantic and 90% asexual. With some slight complications. I used to think I was bi, then for 15 years I thought I was totally gay, then I thought I was mostly straight...and now...yeah. When I'm in love with someone, that's when I'm biromantic and 90% asexual. When I'm NOT in love with someone (like after that honeymoon phase fades), I am 100% asexual. I don't want any intimacy at all.

So on that delightful note, pleased to meet all of you! 😆

@gaga_sexual Welcome to AVEN!

In my case, I'm 33, and I've never had or desired either sex or a relationship.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a Sleepy Calico Cat Cake,

da0533c1e603d0a0b2170f2c7aa1b128.jpg

Custard Cream

Hello and Welcome! You managed to figure it out 10 years sooner than me!

Have some cake!

1h6gFHV.jpg

Archived