Hi

Jaded_Rose_86

Jaded_Rose_86

Hi,

I've been aware of this forum for awhile but hesitated to sign up cause I'm a loner and don't join a lot of groups. Now seems as good a time as any. I'm 32 and female, have identified as ace for a couple of years but in some level I think I've always known. I'm pretty much at peace with my ace identity, although I do feel very alienated at times in a society that seems a to regard sex and relationships as the pinnacle of existence. I'm sure that's a feeling most ace persons have felt. I try to keep myself busy with my hobbies and focus on other things. I'm looking forward to hopefully talking to others going through the same issues. 

Pretty much the same story here 🙂

I’m also 32 and identified as ace for a couple of years, although I also knew-but-didn’t-label-it for at least 10 years if not longer.

I’ve been on AVEN since last year and have found people here are generally nice and supportive, and happy to answer any questions 🙂

Hello, welcome to AVEN!!
I'm sure you'll like it here.
If you have any questions, you can ask us.

Here's a purple cake:
full_469_93967_PurpleButtercreamCake_1.j

@Jaded_Rose_86 Welcome to AVEN!

I have felt that alienation you mention. In my case, I realised that I'm Asexual in my early teens, around 14 when I started hearing sexual comments from my peers and in media and found that they bewildered me.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake,

ZWughhv.jpg

Archived