Questioning

Its okay to be ace

Its okay to be ace

I thought about it and I realize that usually im never the one who initiates the romantic relationship. Could this mean that im aromantic?

To be honest, pinning down the definition of romantic attraction is usually difficult, at least for me, but I'll try to help you here.

Try to think about it this way, would you be interested in going on dates and maybe having intimate (non-sexual) interaction with somebody?

Its okay to be ace

I think I would be interested in that.

Its okay to be ace

I think I only get interested if another person gets interested but with some people im not interested even though they are especially when I don't know them well.

Its okay to be ace

Basically I only experience romantic attraction if there is a emotional bond

Its okay to be ace

I don't ever really feel the need to kiss and hug but I like being with with people. It's nice to get a hug to make me feel better if im upset.

Its okay to be ace

I like being a romantic partner to someone I know well despite no desire to hug or kiss.

Its okay to be ace

Im ok to date but not really into interaction.

You can use whatever term you think suits you.
From what you've said so far, some options are: Demiromantic, Greyromantic, Cupioromantic, Recipromantic.
And if you don't want any labels, that's fine too. They're just here to more efficiently describe our feelings.

Archived