Independent — This is what it’s like to celebrate Valentine’s Day as an asexual person

Homer

I've never really celebrated Valentine’s Day in my adult life. Sure, as a kid, I would follow all the traditions like writing cards and putting lollipops in the folders of other kids in my class’s desks, but it never really meant much.

For me it comes around like any other day of the year, but with the added expectation of having to be an over the top performative romantic with your significant other.

14 Feb 2019 - https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/valentines-day-asexual-demisexual-single-relationships-dating-sex-a8779031.html

Mmm. Hes asexual but demisexual and he dislikes being told he hasnt met the right person yet but for demis that is how it works... *confused*

As for valentines he seems to hate it for reasons many do. Its an annoying holiday. 

Littlemermaid223

Honestly,I think Valentine’s Day is dumb. If you “love” someone, why only celebrate that love once a year? Why is love something to celebrate like that at all?! I think it is ridiculous.

What does asexuality have to do with valentines day, other than making it harder to get a romantic partner?

Divide By Zero
On 2/14/2019 at 6:19 AM, œddy said:

What does asexuality have to do with valentines day, other than making it harder to get a romantic partner?

I think a lot of people conflate asexuality and aromanticism.

Archived